2 Best Ways To Fix Error “QuickBooks Error 12157”
QuickBooks accounting application is being used for quite a lot of time now. It is trusted by many small and medium-scale businesses. It has got a user-friendly interface. Some of the features to be highlighted include- the payroll for writing paychecks, tax-filing, and point of sales for retails. Even with several great features, sometimes it is hard to overcome the software bugs that occur while doing various operations in QuickBooks.
“QuickBooks Error 12157” error triggers while the user attempts downloading updates in QuickBooks or installing the updates. QuickBooks utilizes WinInet API for various Internet Protocols, such as, Gopher and File Transfer Protocol which, for an underlying reason, can’t be used causing a problem with the updates. Besides, it has other reasons and the error can be fixed using solutions, all of them are mentioned in the upcoming topics of the blog.
On the other hand, the “QuickBooks Error 12157” could be fixed if appropriate steps to weed out the error is considered and executed which are stated in further topics of the post. However, if you have an additional query, call on the toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 for technical guidance.
Possible grounds on which “QuickBooks Error 12157” occurs
- A security software, viz. an antivirus on the user’s machine is hindering the QuickBooks updates or installation processes to run.
- The computer on which the error pops up contains the installation of various conflicting versions of QuickBooks. For instance, Pro and Enterprise Solutions having the same year.
- The internet settings have not been appropriately configured causing the issues.
Preventive remedies to obviate the “QuickBooks Error 12157”
Solution-1: Review and configure internet settings within QuickBooks
- Go to the desktop.
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks’ icon and choose ‘Open’ from the drop-down.
- On the menu bar, click on ‘Help’
- Select ‘Internet Connection Setup’ below Help.
- Choose the option ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings’.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Navigate to the ‘Advanced Connection Settings’ option.
- Click ‘Restore Advanced Settings.’
- Select ‘OK’ & ‘Done’ to confirm changes and save settings.
Solution-2: Make appropriate changes to the date and time settings
- Quit ‘QuickBooks’.
- Go to the desktop.
- On the bottom-right corner of the desktop on the taskbar, click on the time displayed.
- A panel containing time-clock and calendar settings will appear.
- Select ‘Change date and time settings’.
- Make appropriate changes within the date section and set a valid time in the given clock.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ button to confirm the changes.
- Click ‘OK’ to apply changes and exit the date and time settings panel.
If none of the above works for you, try restoring your system settings to an earlier restore point when your computer worked best.
We have concluded the blog. We hope that through the written post which is about the error code “QuickBooks Error 12157” we were able to help our users to get a deep-rooted knowledge of appropriate troubleshooting of the error by equipping you with the right set of tools. We believe that we were able to resolve the queries raised by our users time and again. Nonetheless, if you have an issue while troubleshooting, dial the helpline number 1-855-856-0042 for technical assistance.