You are here
All-in-One Guide to Deal with QuickBooks Crashing Unexpectedly
- 52 reads
QuickBooks is a comprehensive online software that provides businesses with multiple functions to effectively carry out their bookkeeping tasks. The introduction of this application has been a blessing to business companies as it has eased a plethora of financial works. However, in some cases, users have complained of QuickBooks crashing unexpectedly. Such problems can ultimately lead to the loss of important data, company files, or program files.
Users may receive error messages that include com error messages. Such problems may require different solutions. If QuickBooks keeps crashing while working on your application, you've come to the right place. Read this article all the way through to learn how to recover your QuickBooks application after encountering such problems. You can also enlist the help of our expert team to resolve these issues
Possible Reasons for Sudden Crashing of the QuickBooks
There could be a few possible reasons for the sudden crashing of QuickBooks such as
- Extra Workload: While editing large reports or multiple reports at the same time, the extra workload can cause QuickBooks to crash and eventually delete these account folders.
- Different Locations: Working with the same file in different locations or different workstations can crash the application due to incompatibilities between devices
- Disorganized work: Working haphazardly on a make-to-order basis increases the workload of the QuickBooks application. The application can work fine with a few reports under progress simultaneously but if the user opens multiple reports QuickBooks might face problems handling them efficiently at the same time.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1722
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Crash Issue
If you are also facing the QuickBooks crash issue, you may encounter the following issues at the same time.
- QuickBooks may shut down without any error message
- You might receive unrecoverable messages on the desktop
- QuickBooks becomes unresponsive
- Multiple attempts can lead to the crashing of the windows operating system.
Repairing the QuickBooks Crash Issue
By this time we are aware of the possible causative factors and consequences of the QuickBooks crash issue and how it can unexpectedly period to avoid the deletion of crucial files and data from the computer, it is advisable to resolve the issue at the earliest.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub application from the QuickBooks local storage. Click on quick fix my program tool.
- Navigate to the program problems tab and wait for the Quick Fix my Program tool to repair the problems in the application.
- Rerun the QuickBooks application to check if the issue still persists.
Solution 2: Update the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- On the Windows desktop, right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon and select Run as administrator. Enter your administrator account credentials.
- In the help window, select the option to refresh the QuickBooks desktop. The QuickBooks Updates window will appear.
- On the Update Now tab, wait for QuickBooks to download the latest updates released by Intuit. You must install the application after the download is finished.
- Restart the QuickBooks application and click the Install Updates option to confirm the update installation.
- Now reopen the QuickBooks application and see if the problem persists.
Hopefully, by the time you have reached the end of this blog, you would have a brief idea of the unexpected QuickBooks crashing issues. We have suggested some quick fixes to get through this issue and avoid major consequences in the future. Despite this, if you are still getting stuck because of this error, dial 1.855.738.2784 for a professional approach to the problem.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Add new comment