All You need to know about QuickBooks Update Error
QuickBooks update error usually occurs when the firewall blocks Internet access required for specific QuickBooks programs. The error often pops up on the screen with a message, “The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file.” The error appears when the user tries to open the company file. Read the complete blog to get in-depth information on QuickBooks Desktop pro update error, its causes and solutions.
If you are tired of facing QuickBooks update errors and want an instant solution to fix them, then call us on our toll-free number (+1 800-579-9430) and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Desktop Update error
Following are some common reasons that trigger the error:
1. QuickBooks update doesn’t complete due to poor internet connection.
2. The anti-virus programs installed on the system is blocking QuickBooks update.
3. The User Account Control settings are incorrect.
4. The QuickBooks company file is misread on Windows.
Let us walk you through the process to resolve the error.
You may also Read QuickBooks error 15222
Know Steps to Deal with QuickBooks 2018 Update error
Simply restarting the workstation can sometimes help you fix the error. If it doesn’t work in your case, then proceed to the troubleshooting steps given below:
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks to its newest release
Here are the steps to download the update manually:
1. Close company files and then exit QuickBooks.
2. Click the Windows icon.
3. Find the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click it.
4. Choose Run as administrator.
5. When No Company Open screen prompts, select the Help menu.
6. Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
7. Next, select the Update Now tab.
8. Click Mark All and then select Save.
9. Move to the Update Now tab.
10. Make sure the Reset Update checkbox is selected.
11. Once you’re done, start the download by clicking Get Updates.
If the solution given above didn’t work, proceed to the next one.
Solution 2. Use Quick Fix my Program
The tool will terminate all background processes and run a quick repair. To run the tool, you need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer. If you did not have one, follow the steps given below to download the same:
1. Close QuickBooks.
2. Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
3. After downloading the file, move to Downloads and open it.
4. Start installing the tool hub by following the prompt steps.
5. Agree to the terms and conditions.
6. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon.
7. Choose Program Problems.
8. Click Quick Fix my Program.
9. Let the tool run.
10. Restart QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
We hope you have successfully resolved the QuickBooks update error after following the above troubleshooting solutions. If you are still facing trouble resolving the error, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number (+1 800-579-9430).