You are here
Best Practices for Removing the QuickBooks Error 6010
Users of QuickBooks can perform crucial operations, including backing up and restoring company files. However, they could occasionally encounter QuickBooks Error 6010 when attempting to access their company data, particularly their backup files. It means that QuickBooks cannot open the company files. Typically, this occurs when the company files are corrupted or when there is a problem with the .nd and .tlg files. Users should rename the .nd and .tlg files, launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, or utilise the ADR feature of QuickBooks to resolve the issue. If you read this post all the way to the conclusion, you will discover the techniques you can employ to fix the mistake.
Contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to receive quick assistance from our technical team in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 6010 or any other issues involving company files
Possible root causes of QB Error code 6010
The following list of factors could result in QB Error code 6010:-
- It's possible that the QuickBooks installation process on your computer was botched or that a damaged file was used.
- The network data and transaction log files in QuickBooks could have been harmed.
- It's possible that the company files in QuickBooks are corrupt.
Recommended to read: How to fix
Top ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 6010
The following are the top techniques for resolving the error code 6010 in QuickBooks:-
Solution 1: The QuickBooks database server management should then be launched after renaming the .nd and .tlg files.
Following these procedures, you must change the .nd and .tlg files and launch the QuickBooks database server manager:-
- Your computer's local drive should have the QuickBooks company file folder open.
- Use the rename option in the context menu of the right-click menu to rename files with the same name as your company file but with the .nd and .tlg extensions.
- To these file names, when renaming them, you must add the .old extension.
- When you have finished downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit's official website, launch it now.
- Access the Network Issues section. The QuickBooks database server management option can be found in the tool hub.
- Check your corporate files now by choosing Start Scan.
- To check if the issue still exists, open QuickBooks again to verify.
Solution 2: Get Rid of any Security Software Running in the Background of your System
- Click the small arrow icon at the bottom-right of your system and look for the programs under the list.
- Right-click any security software that you see in the little window and select the Quit/Exit option.
- Retry to open the company file and if it opens without any interruptions, alter the security settings of the security programs to permanently get rid of the issue.
The best ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6010 are as given above. We advise you to maintain QuickBooks Tool Hub updated because it makes it easy to resolve such issues. Additionally, carefully read this post to better grasp the troubleshooting steps, then carry them out in the correct order. Get urgent assistance from our technical professionals at 1-855-856-0042 if you are still experiencing the issue.