Best Step to Resolve Quickbooks Multi User Problems
When QuickBooks subscribers are working in a multi-user environment, they may sometimes face an error. Accounting Error Solution has come up with a fix to this QuickBooks multi user problems. Please go through the instructions in this article or reach out to our QuickBooks helpline support team.
The Four-Step Method to Fix QuickBooks Multi User Problems
You may quickly fix the QuickBooks multi user problems by following the steps below:
A. First Step
You need to set up hosting of the company file locally by following these steps:
1) Run the program QuickBooks and press F2 to open the product info screen.
2) In the Local Server Information, make sure that the preset settings are for Local Files.
B. Second Step
After introducing new changes in the server file hosting setting, restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager program.
1) Tap on the Windows Start menu icon or the Window Key on the keyboard to open the start menu.
2) In the search box that appears, type Services.msc and hit the enter button on the keyboard.
3) Next, right-click and choose Start and close the window.
4) Select the option: display extensions for the known file types.
5) Perform a right-click on the start menu button and click on Explore the Option.
6) Now, choose the tool menu and folder item.
7) Then, select the View tab; after that, clear the Hide Extensions option.
8) Select the View tab again and select Show Hidden Files.
9) Now you may close Windows Explorer.
C. Third Step
After a server restart, you need to delete the .ND file. Here are the steps:
1) Perform a Windows search for the .ND file.
2) Locate the file and open its folder.
3) Click on the file and then right-click to delete the file.
4) You need to recreate the .ND file after deleting it.
5) Now open QuickBooks Database Server Manager from either the QuickBooks installation folder or by searching for the file in Windows programs.
6) After running the above program, click on Scan.
7) Now, choose the Add Folder button and then locate the company file folder.
8) Select the company file in question and then tap on OK.
9) Now, click on the button that says Scan, and the process will complete in a moment.
D. Fourth Step
In this step, you need to make sure that workstations are not hosting the company file. If any of the client computers is hosting the company file, turn off the hosting option.
QuickBooks multi user problems could be annoying as most businesses prefer to work in multi user mode. Hence, follow the simple steps available in this article to resolve the issue. You can also get help from QuickBooks helpline support of Accounting Error Solution.