You are here
[Best Working Solutions] to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271
Windows keeps a close eye on the update files that are downloaded by different applications. User Account Control is a feature in Windows that restricts the installation of any such file that is found suspicious. However, it also falsely identifies safe update files as a threat and prohibits users from installing them. This same thing is the reason behind QuickBooks error 15271. This is a standard error in the QuickBooks application that displays an error message “Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.” If you are also dealing with the same error, keep reading the article until the end for a complete list of reasons and solutions.
If you don’t feel comfortable following the instructions given in the article below, you can reach QuickBooks support at 1-855-856-0042 and get the help of an expert to resolve the error for you
Recommended to Read :
Some Common Reasons for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15271
Apart from UAC being the reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks payroll error 15271, the following is the list of other common reasons that can trigger the same.
- If QuickBooks Desktop is missing the latest updates.
- Some other application is interrupting the installation of payroll updates.
- There is an installation issue in QuickBooks Desktop.
Now let’s look at the troubleshooting method that will help you get rid of error code 15271 from QuickBooks Desktop.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271
Solution 1: Turn-Off UAC (User Account Control) in Windows
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Now from the search bar at the top-right, search for User Account Control.
- Select it and move the slider to the Never notify option.
- Save the settings and try to install payroll updates once again.
If the problem re-appears, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Install the latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option under the Help tab.
- Now select the Update Now tab and click the Get Updates option.
- Once the updates are downloaded, close QuickBooks.
- Rerun QuickBooks and click the Install Updates button.
- Try to install the payroll updates once again to verify if the error is now resolved.
Follow the next solution if updating QuickBooks did not help you resolve the error 15271.
Solution 3: Install Updates in Selective Startup Mode
- Restart your Windows and continuously tab the F8 key to get to the Boot menu.
- Now using the navigation keys, select Safe Mode.
- Run QuickBooks and try to install the updates now.
If you are still not able to get rid of QuickBooks error 15271, then this indicates errors in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop, and you will need to completely reinstall the application using QuickBooks clean install tool. If you are not sure how to do that, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now.