You are here
The Easy Guide to Fix QuickBooks keeps crashing issue
- 8 reads
QuickBooks is preferred by various small and medium-sized businesses for their accounting activities. Sometimes, while using the application, QuickBooks keeps crashing and halts the user’s work. It usually happens when the QuickBooks file is corrupted or the file’s name exceeds the word limit. The error sometimes leads to the loss of unsaved company data and many other issues. It is important to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid further damage. Follow the complete blog to know more about the error along with troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
If your QuickBooks keeps crashing and you need direct assistance to fix it, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and discuss your problem with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Main causes of QuickBooks crashes when opening company file
Following are the major reasons that cause QuickBooks to crash:
1. Some crucial QuickBooks program files are damaged and corrupted.
2. The Windows operating system on your workstation is either damaged or outdated.
3. Your QuickBooks application is not updated to the latest release.
Read more :-
QuickBooks network connection error
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks app keeps crashing
Solution 1. Install the latest updates of your QuickBooks version
1. Close all open applications, find the QuickBooks Desktop icon, and right-click it.
2. Select the Run as administrator option and enter the login details when prompted.
3. Tap the Enter key on your keyboard and select the Help menu.
4. Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the QuickBooks Update window.
5. Move to the Update Now tab and click Get Updates to download the latest release of your QuickBooks version.
6. After downloading the update, restart your workstation and open QuickBooks.
7. Click yes to install the update and continue working on QuickBooks.
Solution 2. Repair QuickBooks program issues by running Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub
1. Close all open company files before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open your browser to visit Intuit’s official website.
2. We suggest you download the newly released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from the website and then save the setup file to an easily accessible location.
3. From the location, double-click to open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
4. When you see the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox, click it to successfully install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Windows Desktop to open the tool hub and then choose the Program Problems tab.
6. Click Quick Fix my program and wait till the tool repairs the application.
Solution 3. Fix QuickBooks data issues by running Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
1. From the QuickBooks file menu, scroll the drop-down and select Utilities.
2. Click Verify Data and let it find data issues. If it detects any damage, you need to run Rebuild Data.
3. To rebuild data, go to the File menu and select Utilities.
4. Click Rebuild Data, create a backup, and then restore the file.
This blog aims to help you resolve QuickBooks keeps crashing error. We are hopeful that the solutions discussed above will help you eliminate the issue. If you are confused or stuck, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 for direct consultation from the QuickBooks support team.
Related article :-
Add new comment