You are here
The Easy Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6130
- 10 reads
QuickBooks is the most famous accounting application used by small and medium-sized businesses. It allows users to perform a wide range of operations. But, sometimes while accessing company file, users get QuickBooks error 6130. When the error triggers, a warning message pops up on the screen saying, “QuickBooks is trying to access the company file but cannot contact the database server.” Read the entire blog carefully to get more knowledge on QuickBooks company file error 6130, such as causes and solutions.
Can’t access company file due to QuickBooks error 6130? Stop worrying. Dial our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for immediate help
What prompts error code 6130 in QuickBooks?
Check the factors listed below that give rise to the error:
1. Installation of QuickBooks software is corrupt or incomplete.
2. The company file that the QuickBooks user is trying to access is damaged or corrupted.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1612
Most Reliable Methods to Rectify QuickBooks error code 6130
Method 1. Resolve error 6130 by running File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. Close company files, quit the QuickBooks application and visit Intuit’s website to download the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
2. When the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file downloads, choose Windows Desktop as the location to save it.
3. Open the setup file from your Windows Desktop, follow the prompt instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. When the QuickBooks Tool Hub installs completely on the workstation, open it by double clicking the icon and move to the Company File Issues tab.
5. Select QuickBooks File Doctor. When the File Doctor opens, scroll the drop-down and pick your company file. If you can’t find your file, click Browse and search it on the system.
6. After selecting the company file, select the Check your file option and click Continue.
7. Enter QuickBooks login credentials when prompted and click Next.
8. Wait till the File Doctor scans the company file, then close the tool hub and reopen QuickBooks.
Method 2. Make use of Quick Fix my File to troubleshoot error 6130
1. Within QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose the Company File Issues tab and select Quick Fix my File.
2. Click the OK button. When Quick Fix my File completes, close QuickBooks Tool Hub and reopen QuickBooks.
Method 3. Create a backup and update QuickBooks
1. In QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
2. From the File menu, click Backup Company and then Create Local Backup.
3. Go to the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose where to save the file.
4. Select OK, click the Save it now button and choose Next.
To update QuickBooks manually on Windows:
1. In QuickBooks Desktop, move to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
2. Click Update Now, then Get Updates and wait till the update downloads.
3. Next, open QuickBooks and accept the prompt to install the update.
4. When install completes, restart your workstation and open QuickBooks.
This blog has covered the basic and proven troubleshooting solutions that will help you fix QuickBooks error 6130. If you are not able to resolve the issue, connect with the QuickBooks support team for immediate support by calling us on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 15270: Read the Reliable Techniques Here
Add new comment