You are here
Effective Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 179
QuickBooks is a software that offers various accounting and financial services to most of the businesses, including startups and established companies. It also allows you to sync your bank account for the proper and smooth functioning of the entire process. However, you can come up with different errors while operating the application. One such error is QuickBooks error 179 that arises when you attempt to open your bank account via QuickBooks Desktop but cannot open the account data. To overcome the problem, go through our detailed blog and know more about the solutions and causes of the issue.
For instant solutions regarding QuickBooks error 179, have a one-to-one conversation with one of our experienced experts through our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
What is the Reason Behind Incurring the Error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- You have not updated the balance sheet reports in other accounts.
- Entries have been missing from the lists.
- The transaction data might be missing from the QuickBooks company file.
- There might be some negative values in the bills and invoices.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS36
Ways to Debug the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 179
To learn the troubleshooting methods in order to get rid of the error 179 in QuickBooks, proceed with the solutions given below-
SOLUTION 1: Check for the Settings in Windows Registry and Repair It
- Go to your Windows desktop, press the ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard.
- The ‘Run’ command will appear where you need to type ‘Regedit’.
- Right-click on the Computer icon and select ‘Export’ to take a backup of your registry.
- By doing this, the backup of your QuickBooks file with the ‘.reg’ extension will be created.
- Using the ‘Registry Editor’, bring back the .reg file.
- At last, run your QuickBooks Desktop application again.
If the first solution does not work, move on to the next solution.
SOLUTION 2: Update the Outdated Financial Institution Information
- Open QuickBooks and go to the ‘Tools’ option.
- In the menu, tap ‘Online Center’ and choose the ‘Financial Institution’ (Select your bank from the list).
- On the keyboard, press the ‘Ctrl + F3’ keys to choose the ‘Contact Info’.
- Now, select ‘need updating’ to put the profile and branding data.
- Edit the necessary changes and hit ‘Update/ Send’.
- If you are asked to provide the password, enter it.
- Click on ‘Update Now’ option and add the appropriate information.
- Finally, sign in to your bank account and attempt to fetch banking data.
After reading the article, you must have been able to eliminate the QuickBooks error 179 completely and efficiently as the given solutions are absolutely tried and tested. Apart from these troubleshooting methods, you must also check for browser issues and try to fix them. However, there is a probability that the error might not disappear due to some other issues. In case the problem persists, even after using the above-mentioned solutions, directly reach out to our team of certified QuickBooks professionals for technical help by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 40001