You are here
Effective ways to resolve QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Desktop is widely regarded as one of the most reliable accounting software programmes available. It is not only inexpensive, but it also offers the potential of being purchased for a lifetime. It is also an excellent tool for small and medium-sized businesses. However, when users must deal with software errors, some of them occur frequently. QuickBooks Error H505 is one of these errors. When a user tries to access a QuickBooks company file that does not exist on that device or the network, this error code occurs.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
- The device's hosting setting is incorrect.
- The presence of a faulty or damaged .ND file, the entire network is unable to access the QB company file.
- DNS settings that are misconfigured can result in this error.
- When QuickBooks Services like QuickBooks DBXX/QBCF aren't operating, this can happen.
- If the System Firewall Setting prevents QuickBooks from accessing the company file, error number H505 will appear.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
Mentioned below are some quick steps to resolve Quickbooks error h505. Follow the steps for more info.
Method 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Take a screenshot of the QuickBooks file doctor icon. To do so, first, make sure that the QB desktop is installed on your server machine and that you have a network connection.
- After that, download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and execute it on the server. The multi-user problem can be fixed with QuickBooks File Doctor and the H-series errors, including QuickBooks error H505.
Method 2: Make a new folder for the corporate file and talk about it by granting access to it
- Create a new folder on the hosting PC to begin.
- Once the folder has been created, make sure that the windows have access to the company files.
- The.qbw file must now be copied into the new folder.
- To finish the process, switch to multi-user mode and open the company file.
You can go with either of the methods. Also, there are several other ways to fix the QuickBooks Error H505. If the difficulty persists after you've followed the steps, Accounting Error Solution recommend contacting our QuickBooks Services to know other methods.