You are here
Fixing QuickBooks Error 15270 with Different Methods
- 130 reads
Updating payroll is a regular task, and users need to update it every time before they run payroll. Unfortunately, the payroll update process often gets affected by errors, and when this happens, a user can’t download and install payroll updates. One such payroll update error most prevalent in QuickBooks is error 15270, which gives you an error message that reads, “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” You must have gone through the basic troubleshooting found online to resolve the error, but that does not always fix the error. If this is also the case with you and you are getting QuickBooks error 15270 even after troubleshooting the error with the solutions found online, try implementing advanced solutions curated by certified QuickBooks experts discussed further in this article.
Troubleshooting payroll update errors can be a hectic task for some users, and such users can reach QuickBooks support at 1.800.579.0391 for experts guidance in resolving the issue
Why did you Get QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?
Apart from the primary reasons like inactive payroll subscription and incorrect EIN used, the following are some hidden reasons that can also trigger error 15270 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- General program problem that arises due to the interruption of some security software error 15270 can strike.
- General issues with your internet connection and setup, like not having Internet Explorer as your default browser, can also trigger errors while downloading payroll updates.
Assuming that you have an active payroll subscription and you have used the correct EIN in your company file, we’ll now proceed further with advanced troubleshooting solutions that will resolve the two causes mentioned above.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error PS038
Advanced Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 15270
Troubleshooting Solution 1: Resolve General QuickBooks Program Issues using Quick Fix My Program Tool
- Open QuickBooks and click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon that you can find under the Help tab in QuickBooks.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub once you see the download link on the following windows that appear on your screen.
- Install and run QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Program Problems tab to select Quick Fix my Program tool.
- This tool will repair any errors in the program that are preventing you from installing payroll updates.
- Retry to download and install the payroll updates and check if you have successfully resolved error 15270 and if not, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Troubleshooting Solution 2: Reconfigure your Browser and Change your Internet Connection type
- Open Internet Explorer that you can search from the Windows search if you can’t find its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Now click Tool at the top-right and then select Internet Options to open the Internet settings of your Windows PC.
- Go to the Program tab and select the Make Default option that you can find in the Default Web Browser section.
- Also, switch to a hard-wired connection if you are currently connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
Retry to install, get the latest payroll updates installed, and check if the solutions above helped you resolve QuickBooks error 15270. If you still can’t fix the issue or a new error is bothering you, contact QuickBooks support for help at 1.800.579.0391.
Also Read : Quickbooks error 1328
Add new comment