You are here
Getting QuickBooks error 12029? Here's How to Resolve it
- Add new comment
- 52 reads
Each application comes up with new updates from time to time to add new features and improve efficiency. There are times when a user gets errors while downloading QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates. Here, we are talking about a common update error known as QuickBooks error 12029. It occurs when the program can’t connect to the internet successfully or the browser settings are inappropriate, which results in the partial or corrupt installation of updated files. This blog will brief you with all necessary information about QuickBooks desktop error 12029 and its fixation steps, so read carefully until the end.
If you’re frustrated with QuickBooks error 12029, dial +1 800-417-5147 and get direct consultation from certified QuickBooks professionals
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks payroll error 12029
Some possible causes that give rise to the error are listed below:
- The user is not connected to the internet.
- A browser other than Internet Explorer is set as the default.
Given below are the solutions to fix the error.
Know Steps to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop error 12029
Solution 1. Reexamine the Internet Explorer settings
QuickBooks only uses Internet Explorer to access the internet, and any change in its settings might trigger the error. To fix it, verify Internet Explorer settings:
- Close company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Open Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu,, and select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab and then the Globe icon.
- The security level should not be more than Medium-high.
- Proceed to the Connection tab, if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system, select Never Dial a Connection.
- If you use dial-up node, choose the correct ISP and click OK.
- Choose LAN Settings and tick the automatically detect settings option.
- Verify whether Use a Proxy Server checkbox is clear. If the same is selected, document the complete address and port.
- If the port is other than 80, do not uncheck the Usa a Proxy Server option. If it is 80, clear the checkbox for testing and click OK.
- Exit the Internet Explorer window and restart your device.
- Open QuickBooks and download the update.
If the error persists, follow the next solution.
You may also Read :
Solution 2. Exclude QuickBooks Desktop from Firewall and security applications
Some security applications can block QuickBooks from downloading the updates, which results in errors. To fix the issue, follow these steps to create exceptions for QuickBooks:
Click the Windows Start icon, write Windows firewall in the search bar and open it.
- Choose Advanced Settings, then right-click Inbound Rules (later Outbound Rules) and click New Rule.
- Select Program, then Next, then This Program Path, and then Browse.
- Choose one executable file and then click Next.
- Tick the Allow the connection option and then click Next.
- When asked, select all the files, click Next and create a new rule with the name ‘QBFirewallException(name.exe).
- Now, repeat the same procedure to create Outbound rules.
- Launch QuickBooks and switch it to multi-user mode.
We are full of hope that the solutions discussed above will help you resolve QuickBooks error 12029. If you have any questions or continuously facing the issue, dial +1 800-417-5147 and talk to the QuickBooks technical support team.
Related Article :
Great post. keep sharing such
Add new comment