You are here
Getting QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001? Here's How to Resolve it
- 13 reads
When the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 arises, it gives an error message on the screen that says, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. Error codes: (-6073, -99001). The error shows up on the screen when a user tries to open a company file on QuickBooks. Unfortunately, it occurs when the file is open on another device in Single User mode. However, a correct troubleshooting procedure can smoothly resolve the error. Follow the complete blog to learn about QuickBooks company file error 6073 and 99001 with its fixation steps.
If you are unable to eliminate QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 on your own, you may communicate this to certified QuickBooks professionals at +1 800-417-5147 to resolve the issue permanently
Main causes of error 6073 and 99001 in QuickBooks
Following are the major causes behind the issue:
- The company data file is stored in a read-only network folder.
- The user is trying to access the data file with a remote program.
- The user has logged on to the shared folder using multiple login credentials with files hosted on a Linux server.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Company File error 6073 99001
Solution 1. From the Tool Hub, make use of QuickBooks File Doctor
- Close all open company files, exit QuickBooks and then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- We suggest you download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to your Windows Desktop so you can easily access it.
- Go to desktop, open the downloaded file and follow the prompt steps to install.
- To complete the installation, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double-click to open it.
- From there, choose the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the tool opens, choose your company file from the drop-down list. If you can’t see your file, click Browse and search to find it.
- Mark the middle, Check your file option and click Continue.
- Enter the required QuickBooks credentials and click Next.
- Wait till the File Doctor scans the company file. Once it completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the company file error reappears, try the next solution.
You may also Read :
Solution 2. Fix the company file error manually
Follow these steps if the data file is open in Single User mode on another computer:
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop on all devices, move to your server computer, and open the company file.
- Select the File menu and then the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
- If the issue continues, reboot all devices.
Follow the steps given below if the company file is open in Single User mode on the server computer:
- Within QuickBooks, choose the File menu and then the Close company option.
- Open the company file, move to the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select the Open a company file option and then Next.
- Choose your company file, then the Open file in multi-user mode option.
- Next, select Open.
If none of the discussed troubleshooting solutions help you get rid of QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1 800-417-5147.
Related Article :
Add new comment