Guide on How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82
QuickBooks multi-user mode is the ultimate game changing feature for most of the businesses. However, it is not immune from the regular bugs and issues as the users often complain about the QuickBooks error 6144 82. It usually occurs when the user tries to open the company file stored on the server but fails. The inability of QuickBooks Database Server Manager to run the company file is one of the primary causes of the problem. More on it is discussed in the blog below.
You can easily fix the network failures through the assistance from an expert. Call on the toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and get one on the line immediately.
Main Causes of the QB Error Message Code 6144 82
Below are given the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Enterprise error 6144 82. Take a look.
- The network data file and the transaction log file is damaged due to corruption.
- The company file name is exceeding the charater limit.
- Some user has moved the company file to a different location.
Other reasons include corruption in the company file and broken inter-connectivity of the network.
Possible Troubleshooting Steps to Rectify the QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Below are mentioned the solutions to help you fix the QuickBooks error code 6144 82.
Solution- 1: Rename the Network Data File and Transaction Log File
The corrupted network data and transaction log file can be fixed or refreshed by following the steps mentioned below.
- Access the company file folder by copying its location from the Product Information window.
- Go to the company file folder and look for the file with .ND extension and the same name as the data file.
- Right-click on the file and click on the Rename option.
- At the end of its name, add the word .FRT and press the Enter key to save the action.
Do the same for the transaction log file in the same folder and run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Solution- 2: Try to Repair the QuickBooks Application
If the above solution does not fix the issue, it might be possible that the QuickBooks program has some installation issues that can be fixed by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Run window and enter appwiz.cpl in the Open box.
- Click on OK and from the list of programs, look for the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks application and choose the Uninstall / Change option.
- Select Continue and choose the Next button.
- Once the install wizard comes up, select the Repair button and choose Next.
- Once the repair completes, select the Finish button.
Restart the system and try to access the company file again.
At this point, we would like to finish our blog on the QuickBooks error 6144 82. We hope that the writing style and language is easy for our readers to understand and fix the problem in no time. However, if you need additional assistance to resolve the issue, feel free to call on the helpline number 1-855-856-0042 anytime and get a dedicated expert on the line.