How Can I Upgrade QuickBooks Point of Sale?
QuickBooks Point of Sale can be used in strengthening with the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions software. You have to upgrade QuickBooks Point of Sale by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Be sure your device meets the requirements of V18.
You have to make sure that your device must meet all the requirements of V18.
Step 2: Settle all transactions
You will also have to verify your QuickBooks Point-of-Sale files.
1) Open QBPOS Debug mode.
2) Run the utility from the QuickBooks POS Help menu.
3) Click Debug, and select Verify Data.
Step 3: Backup your POS company data file.
You have to backup your POS data file.
Step 4: Update the firewall software to the latest version
You have to update the installed software to the latest version
Step 5: Install the QuickBooks Point-of-Sale on the server
1) Enter your license and product numbers
2) Choose number of devices that you want to use.
Step 6: Open Desktop Point-of-Sale V18
At this point, the device will detect your previous version and prompt you to convert it for use with the new version.
Step 7: Install the Upgrade version of QuickBooks Point-of-Sale
1) You will follow the same procedure but always be sure that you select the option of Client Workstation as the installation type.
2) Restart your device.
3) If prompted, enter a workstation number, use your username and password to logon, then if necessary, and merge licenses with the Server Workstation.
To merge and synchronize licenses:
1) When encouraged to merge, you can select the Merge Now.
2) Follow all the prompts to complete the merge.
We know that by following all these steps, you can upgrade QuickBooks Point of Sale quickly. If require any help, you can contact our technical advisors and get your issue fixed.