You are here
How Can You Do E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop?
E-File 940 tax forms in QuickBooks is used to report Federal unemployment tax returns. However, there are some users who are unable to use E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop. If you are the one getting same difficulties, proceed with steps given below.
Steps to E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop
Mentioned below are the steps to E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop.
1) First of all, you must subscribe to Enhanced payroll service or QuickBooks Standard.
2) Go to the top menu bar, hit on Employees.
3) After that, you have to choose Payroll Forms and W-2s, then Process Payroll Forms.
4) In the File Forms section, you have to choose Annual Form 940.
5) Tap on the drop-down arrows and choose the Year.
6) Hit on OK button and you will now complete the interview, and then tap on Next button to proceed to your form 940.
7) Review all the information in your form to ensure that they are accurate.
8) If you need to enter the information in a field that is currently blank, go ahead and type it directly in the field.
9) The new data displays before you.
10) Also, if you want to edit information that is incorrect, you have to do right-click in the field, and choose the option of Override.
11) Next, you have to enter the new data in the Override box and press on the Tab.
12) If you need to undo an override, hover right-click in the field and choose Cancel Override.
13) To edit an EIN or a SSN, you have to close the payroll tax form, and edit the information in the appropriate place in QuickBooks Desktop.
14) Start a new form and do not save your form and open it again after editing the information in QuickBooks Desktop, because QuickBooks Desktop does not export new data into existing forms.
15) To specify a different filing period, you have to close your existing form and create a new one.
16) Restricting the filing period on the form does not routinely change the other fields on the form.
17) You should never change any field that is a sum of other fields on the form. QuickBooks Desktop calculates these automatically.
18) To change a total, you have to change one of the fields used to calculate it.
19) Now, Hit on the option– Check for Errors to identify and fix any form errors.
20) You can click in the error description box to take you directly to the error on the form to make the correction.
21) Tap on the Save and Close to save your changes and come back later, or Print for Your Records to print your form.
22) You may also click on the Submit Form to electronically file your form.
By following all these steps, you can E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop, and get all your issues resolved instantly.