You are here
How to Deal with QuickBooks Error 1618 Effectively?
QuickBooks is the highest-rated accounting software that caters to its customer’s needs in the most efficient manner. However, there are instances where the user cannot get access to their company file due to technical hiccups like QuickBooks Error 1618. This error displays a text saying, “There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library.” A basic factor that provokes this issue is the running of numerous programs on the computer, all at once. So let us dive deep into the concept of error 1618 below.
If you are uncomfortable in proceeding to the solutions for QuickBooks Error 1618, we have an alternate for you. Call 1-855-856-0042 and speak with our experts to gain a one-to-one human support experience.
Recommended to Read :
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1618?
- A corrupted Windows Registry.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Interrupted installation of QuickBooks can also lead to Error 1618.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Message 1618?
Now, we shall focus on resolving this issue first by reinstalling the Runtime Libraries, and then ending unnecessary tasks -
Method 1 - Perform a Quick Microsoft Runtime Libraries Re-installation
Since the error arose from the installation of the Runtime Library, it is best to resolve the issue from the other end, that is Microsoft -
- First, you must visit Microsoft’s website and download the Microsoft C++ Redistribute Package.
a) If your computer is 32 bit, you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86).
b) In case your computer is 64 bit, you must go for downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64).
- Save the downloaded file at an easily accessible location, like the desktop.
- A file named vcredist_X86.exe or vcredist_X64.exe should be visible on your screen. Double-click on the file to start the installation process.
- At last, download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website and run “QuickFix my Program” on your computer.
Method 2 - Verify the Multiplicity of MSIEXEC.EXE files Running Simultaneously
If numerous similar tasks or processes are running in the background, it can lead to the slowing down of your device, and in some cases, errors like QuickBooks Desktop Error 1618 -
- Hold the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on your keyboard to trigger a menu on your screen.
- Click on Task Manager from the given list of options.
- Go to the Processes section.
- You can simplify the bifurcation by tapping on the Image Name button to arrange the running processes in an alphabetical order.
- Now, you need to scroll to the letter M to view all the active MSIEXEC.EXE processes running in the background.
- Select each of these and choose to End Task.
- After ending all the tasks, relaunch QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
In the above blog, we have thoroughly discussed about the factors that trigger QuickBooks Error 1618, and the ways in which it can be eliminated from the device. We hope you found it resourceful too. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to connect with our experts at 1-855-856-0042 anytime, anywhere.
You may also read |