How to Diagnose and Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
QuickBooks Abort Error is an unexpected connection error that can appear at any time while using the QuickBooks application. You see the error message “Problem: the connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered” when the error is triggered. Various causes can trigger the abort error in QuickBooks. The most common causes of the error are listed below in this article with the solutions. Read the complete article to know which solution to apply with which cause with a detailed explanation of the procedure.
If you are stuck with QuickBooks Abort Error and need immediate technical assistance with troubleshooting, dial (844)-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read :
Triggers of the Abort Error in QuickBooks
- Your company data is damaged.
- The firewall is interrupting the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- The Hosting settings are incorrect.
- Your network data file is corrupted.
The error can get triggered due to many other reasons. You need to figure out what is exactly causing the error on your computer and then identify and implement the solution accordingly. You can use the hit and trial method if you could not determine the cause of the error.
Troubleshooting Methods to Abort Error in QuickBooks
Verify and Rebuild Data
The verify data utility will help you check if there is any data damage in your company file. You can easily fix the data damage using the rebuild data utility. The steps to run the verify data and rebuild data utility are provided below:
- Open QuickBooks and select the File menu.
- Choose the Utilities drop-down list.
- Then click the verify data utility.
- If you see the error message “your data has lost integrity”, you need to use the rebuild data utility.
- Open the file menu again and click Utilities.
- Select the Rebuild Data utility.
- When QuickBooks ask you to back up your company file, click the OK button.
- Once the backup is complete, the rebuild process will start immediately.
- After that, select OK when the “Rebuild is complete” message appears on your computer screen.
- Finally, use the verify data utility again and check if the error is resolved.
Review the Hosting Settings
The error can get triggered if multiple workstations are hosting the multi-user access. Make sure only the server is hosting the multi-user access. Follow the instructions given below to review your hosting settings:
- Open QuickBooks and click the File menu.
- Choose Utilities and see if the Host Multi-user Access option appears.
- Select the Host Multi-user Access option.
- Then open QuickBooks on the workstation.
- Click the file menu and select Utilities.
- If you see the stop hosting multi-user access option, click it.
- Finally, check if the error is fixed.
The information provided above in this article helps understand the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks abort error. The solutions described above include checking your hosting settings and rebuilding your company file data. If the error is not fixed yet, corruption in the network data file might be causing the error. You need to recreate the network data file to fix the error. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any doubts related to the error or the article.