You are here
How to Diagnose QuickBooks crashes when opening company file error?
QuickBooks offers innovative and advanced features for accounting. But, due to certain issues, QuickBooks crashes when opening company file. Due to this issue, user face a sudden closing of QuickBooks or sometimes it stops working. These types of errors can sometimes lead to loss of data. Damage to QBWUSER.INI file and operating system are the leading cause of the error. To learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks crashes when attaching file error, stick to the advisory blog until the end.
If QuickBooks crashes when opening company file and you need immediate guidance to fix it, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430
Reasons why QuickBooks crashes when switching companies?
Following are the possible reasons why QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly:
1. There is some corruption in the Windows hard drive.
2. The Windows operating system you are using is damaged.
3. Essential QuickBooks program files are damaged or missing from the computer.
4. Damaged or corrupted QBWUSER.INI file can also lead to a QuickBooks crash.
Read more :-
Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks crashing when attaching file error
Solution 1. Stop the QBCFMonitorService.exe process and prevent it from running
1. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys at the same time on your keyboard and open up the Task Manager.
2. Choose the Processes tab and click the Image Name header to view the processes alphabetically.
3. Click QBCFMonitorService.exe, select End Processes and click Yes.
4. To prevent the service from re-starting, open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys and type services.msc.
5. From the list, select QBCFMonitorService to open Properties.
6. Next, select Disabled as Startup type and then click Apply.
Solution 2. Resolve the issue by running Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
1. Start QuickBooks, select the File menu and choose Utilities.
2. Select Rebuild Data and click OK when the QuickBooks Information window appears.
3. Follow the steps given on the screen and let the tool repair the QuickBooks file.
4. Once done, select OK and choose the File menu.
5. Select Utilities, then Verify Data and let it check the file for data issues.
6. If it detects any issue, click Rebuild Now otherwise, keep using the company file.
Solution 3. Fix QuickBooks crashing error by running File Doctor from the QB Tool Hub
1. Close company files open in QuickBooks, then quit the application.
2. Open Intuit’s website on your browser and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
3. Open the setup file, follow the steps you see on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. After installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it and go to the Company File Issues tab.
5. Within File Doctor, scroll the drop-down and choose your company file.
6. If you can’t see your company file from the drop-down, click Browse to search it.
7. Mark the Check your File option, click Continue and enter QuickBooks details to start the tool.
That’s all about resolving QuickBooks crashes when opening company file error. We hope the quick resolutions given above will help you eliminate the issue. If the problem persists, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :-