You are here
How do I Keep QuickBooks in Multi-user Mode
QuickBooks is a very flexible accountancy software and comes with work sharing. With this app, multiple users can access the same company file. A few users report QuickBooks multi-user problems frequently. Following this guide should help in resolving such issues in the future.
The Best Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Multi-user Problems
You may face QuickBooks multi-user problems when collaborating with others. Here are the methods to resolve:
In this method, use the multi-user mode check-box.
1) Tap on “File” on the menu bar.
2) Click on “Open” or “Restore Company.”
3) Now tap on “Open a Company File,” and then select “Next.”
4) Open a Company” window will appear.
5) Select the check-box at the bottom to open the company file in multi-user mode by default.
The above steps should resolve QuickBooks multi-user problems in all workstations. This method is user-friendly.
In this method, you can edit the QBWUSER.INI file and set a new value for MULTIUSERMODE.
1) Go to the AppData folder here C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Intuit\(QuickBooks Desktop version information).
2) Locate the QBWUSER.INI file and open it in a notepad.
3) Hit CTRL + F and then find out MULTIUSERMODE.
4) Set the value to "Y" (MULTIUSERMODE=Y).
5) Save the file by pressing CTRL+S.
Sometimes the computer may revert the file to the original value. To stop that:
1) Select the QBWUSER.INI file and Right-click.
2) Now tap on “Properties.”
3) Access the “General” tab.
4) Select the “Read-only” dialogue.
5) Tap “Apply,” and then select “Save.”
Warning: You may want to discuss with a computer expert before making any changes.
Business owners and managers may use QuickBooks at the same time. The multi-user error is frequent after a recent system update or data migration. This guide will help if you to fix QuickBooks multi-user problems.