You are here
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6143 [2021 Tutorial]?
QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that helps keep track of sales, send invoices and maintain a company’s financial records in a company file. The application is easy to use but prone to errors. Most commonly, you see the company file errors in QuickBooks Desktop. An example is QuickBooks Error 6143, a company file error triggered when you open, use or repair a company file. The error can get triggered due to multiple reasons and disturb your workflow. Few common causes of the error are given below in this article. Understand the reasons for the error and implement the relevant solution accordingly. Read the article till the end to know few extra solutions.
If you cannot troubleshoot the error by yourself, and looking for help to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143, dial (844)-932-1139 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read :
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
- Damage in the company file.
- Extra space in the company file name.
- Your company file is saved on another system, and your computer is unable to access the file.
The error is mostly triggered due to the common reasons listed above. You need to find out what exactly is causing the error on your computer and then find a suitable solution depending on the cause of the error. If you cannot find the cause of the error, use the hit and trial method to apply the solution.
Solutions to QuickBooks Error code 6143?
Move your Company File to your Workstation
Sometimes when you try to access a file from the server but due to some reasons, QuickBooks is unable to connect to the server and access the file, the error might get triggered. You can copy the required file to your computer and resolve the error. follow the steps listed below to copy the file to your computer:
- Open the QuickBooks Installation folder on the server computer.
- Search and copy the company file from your server computer to any removable storage device such as a USB drive.
- Select the required file and press CTRL key +C on the keyboard to copy.
- Then go to your USB drive and press CTRL + V to paste.
- After that, remove the USB drive from the server and connect the USB drive to your computer.
- Then paste the company file from the USB drive to your workstation.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks application and access the required company file from your local drive.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Damage in the company file can trigger the error. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair the damaged file. The steps to run QuickBooks File Doctor are listed below:
Note: Install and update the latest released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the file doctor tool.
- Double click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the application.
- Select the Company File Issues tab from the left pane.
- Click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Choose the required company file from the drop-down.
- If the file is not in the drop-down, click Browse and search to find the file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Then select the Check your file option.
- After that, click the Continue button.
- Enter your company file admin password if asked.
- Finally, click the Next button and then wait for the message “repair to complete” to appear on the screen.
- Click the OK button when the “repair is complete” message is displayed on the screen.
- Reopen QuickBooks and access your file to see if the error is fixed.
This article aims to explain the causes and solutions to QuickBooks Error 6143. The solutions described above include running the file doctor tool and moving the company file to your computer. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any questions related to the error or the article.