You are here
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82 [2021 Tutorial]
As a QuickBooks user, have you ever come across QuickBooks error 6144 82? If, fortunately, your answer is no, then let us inform you that it is among the common errors that a user can face while trying to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. The error code shows up on the computer screen with an error description, which displays, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” In this post, we are going to talk about why error 6144 82 arises in the first place and how you can get rid of it as quickly as possible.
Looking for immediate troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our professional technical team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What are the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6144 82?
Generally, QuickBooks error code 6144 82 gets triggered when there are some complications with the company file itself, like data corruption or the incorrect file extension.
What are the best solutions to rectify QuickBooks error 6144 82?
Solution 1) Run QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (126.96.36.199) and locate it on the Windows desktop.
- Select the installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the Company File Issues tab at the left pane.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and then choose the company file from the drop-down list.
- Choose Check your file and then hit the Continue button.
- Type in QuickBooks admin password and then choose Next.
Solution 2) In QuickBooks Desktop, restore the backup company file (.QBB)
- On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key to choose the Start menu.
- Into the search box, enter *.QBB and select the Open file location option.
- Make a short note of the location where the backup copy of the company file is saved.
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Desktop to open the application.
- At the top menu bar, select the File menu.
- From the drop-down list, select the Open or Restore Company option.
- Choose the Restore a backup copy option and then click on the Next button.
- Select the Local Backup option and then click on the Next button.
- Navigate to the location you have noted above and select the backup copy of the company file.
- Pick a folder to store the restored company file and then click on the Open button.
- Once you are done following the aforementioned steps, choose the Save button.
If you notice QuickBooks error 6144 82 even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then we suggest you recover the company file using the Auto Data Recovery feature of QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error, don’t hesitate to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 800-583-0572