You are here
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 401?
- 4 reads
Did you encounter QuickBooks error 401 while working in QuickBooks accounting software and are unable to come to any conclusion? Well, we can definitely help you with this issue. This error is basically about an unauthorized request on the QuickBooks desktop, and can be easily fixed. You can come across such an error while:
- Signing in to the company file or accountant toolbox.
- While registering during the QuickBooks installation.
- Such an error can also be faced while sending an invoice with QuickBooks payments.
This error code usually comes up with an error message stating “The remote server returned an error: 401 unauthorized. Request is unauthorized”.
This error code can be easily handled by a couple of steps, which we have discussed later in this article. So, we would recommend you read this article carefully till the end and implement the process discussed below.
Quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 401
There are not much of solutions to this QuickBooks error code 401. Once the error appears on the screen with the error message, you are simply required to carry out the steps below:
- At first, opt for No and close the error message window.
- And then update the QuickBooks software to the latest version.
Steps to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version
There can be a handful of options to update the QuickBooks software. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Setting up automatic updates
In order to update QuickBooks to the latest version, you can opt for setting up automatic updates. The automatic updates option saves a lot of time and ensures timely updates. The steps involved in this process are:
- This can be done by heading to the help menu and opting for update QuickBooks desktop.
- Move to the update now tab. It is recommended to select the reset updates checkbox and clear all the previous update downloads.
- You will then have to choose get updates to start the download.
- After the download ends make sure to restart the software.
- Now accept the option to install the new release.
Facing issues while setting up the Automatic updates?
In case you face any hindrances while setting up the updates in QuickBooks, adhere to the following pointers to fix them:
- Make sure that you are using an uninterrupted internet connection.
- If the issues keep persisting, then, in that case, restart your Windows in the Safe Mode with Networking option. The same can be assessed either by visiting Msconfig in the Run window, and choosing Safe Mode, or by hitting the F8 key repeatedly upon restarting the system. Subsequently, opt for the option titled Safe mode with networking. Now, try updating the software.
- Close all the running programs running in the background. This will ensure that no other program is conflicting with the QuickBooks update process.
- Also, consider turning off your antivirus software temporarily while the updates are in progress.
Step 2: Scheduling for future automatic updates
Another option that one can opt for is to schedule updates. This means that you can schedule QuickBooks updates according to their comfort and the software will get updated automatically. The steps to be followed for this are:
- Initially, move to the help menu and opt for the update QuickBooks desktop.
- Subsequently, navigate to the options tab.
- Now, choose yes to turn on automatic updates. It is recommended to share automatic downloads to other systems on the network, you can select yes for each system.
- And then, click on close.
Step 3: Manual update process
Besides the automatic update method, there is also an option of opting for manual updates. If you want to update the software manually, then the below steps would be helpful for you:
- You can simply close the company file and QuickBooks.
- Open the Windows start menu.
- Once done with that, look for QuickBooks desktop. And also, right-click the icon and choose run as admin.
- Move to the help menu while on the no company open screen and then tap on the update QuickBooks desktop option
- Go to the options tab and then choose mark all and then select save.
- Navigate to the update now tab and also choose the reset update checkbox.
- Then choose to get updates.
It is believed that updating the QuickBooks software by following any of the above methods, would definitely work in fixing the QuickBooks 401 error. You can implement any of the three above-mentioned steps to update the QuickBooks accounting software to the latest release.
Winding up! Call our helpline in case of further issues
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the QuickBooks error 401 issue is no longer troubling you. But, if you still face the same error, then you can consult our QuickBooks error support team for technical assistance. Ring up to us using our dedicated customer support line i.e., +1-855-603-0490, and we will help you with the error to be tackled easily.
Read Also- How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Add new comment