You are here
How to Reset QuickBooks Default Admin Password?
- 3 reads
A QuickBooks administrator password is needed to access all your data which a user have stored all your data in QuickBooks files. To keep a strong password it protects all your business from an unauthorized access related to folks most crucial information or their private details that kept as hidden. However, the requirement to enter a password will also lock you out from accessing the information if you have lost the password. If you any other user have encountered admin password issue in your QuickBooks then read carefully this blog. We have shared few steps that you should follow to reset or recover your QuickBooks desktop password.
QuickBooks is a versatile software that doesn’t only help you in managing your company data and tracking your company’s performance but also keeping your crucial company data safe. The multitasking software itself creates the Admin user for you when you login to the software for the first time and furthermore enables you and other users to create more usernames and passwords. To keep your details safe, QuickBooks Desktop asks you for the password every time you or any other user tries to access company file. Now, at times security updates and other features may require you to reset your password.
This article contains information about resetting the QuickBooks default Admin password and other passwords you may have related to using QuickBooks Desktop.
Password tips and other reminders
- Use complex passwords: at least 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least 1 number, at least one uppercase letter.
- Passwords are case sensitive. Check the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys. One (or both) might be on, or could have been on when you created the password.
- The password should not have any space. If you have used space, then retype the password without spaces.
- Make sure your keyboard is functioning properly.
- You should be on the right screen. A login screen that demands a password but not a username is the admin’s login screen. If you aren’t admin and you have a non-admin login then close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it.
- The admin password may also be blank. Many users leave admin password to their data file empty or blank. (This practice is, however, not recommended by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks.)
- In case of no password, press “OK” in the login screen without putting any password.
Steps to Reset Password for QuickBooks Desktop Administrator
When you logged in QuickBooks accounting software. This will automatically creates the Admin user, you may be using another log in references added by the Admin. Security updates and other surprising assets may lead you to reset your password.
- Go to Company file, choose the company and then Set-up users and Password
- Enter your current password
- Write your new password in confirm new password box and click OK button
- In case you forgot or lost your password, you can try the below-mentioned tips to reset your password in QuickBooks
Reset your Admin password or a user password
You need to reset the admin password if:
- You don’t have to enter a user name. When you sign in, you only enter a password.
- Your User Name is “Admin” or another admin user name you created.
If you’re not an admin user, your QuickBooks admin can reset your password for you. Contact your admin and have them follow the steps in “Reset a user password” section below.
Use Challenge Question to Reset Password
- Choose “I forgot my password” on the login screen
- Reply to the security question and click OK button.
- Press Close when the following message pops up on your screen. “When you removed the password and challenge answer and question, and your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
- Open the window and change QuickBooks password
- Enter a new password and select a new challenge question
- Press OK button
- Your File will open
Read Also- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175 (Tested Solutions 2023)
Add new comment