You are here
How to trouble-shoot QuickBooks Unexpected Error C=184?
- 8 reads
This error usually occurs in leap years as it has 29 days in Feb because of which report date lies outside the range specified by the user. You need to make manual changes to the data range in your reports to resolve QuickBooks Error C 184.
Smooth QuickBooks functioning is often interrupted by some or the other technical snags. And one such technical glitch is QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184. You might usually end up with this error when there is any sort damage with the network file (.NG file) or Transaction log file (.TLG file). This error also impacts the company data file. You can also experience similar issue if the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop do not tally due to 29 days in February.
Take a deep dive into what triggers QuickBooks error code C=184 and what takes to rectify it, by scrolling through the segment carefully. Moreover, if you need our tech assistance at any point of time, then connect with us through our helpline number +1-855-603-0490.
Experiencing issues in QuickBooks is quite common but can be tiring at the same time. In today’s segment, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code C= 184, its causes, and fixes. This particular error is also experienced when there is any sort of damage to the network file and the transaction log file. It further impacts the company file data and also can be seen when the reporting dates of the software do not tally due to 29 days in February.
Coming across this issue can be a little common due to some factors, which we will be discussing later in this segment. Learn more about the QuickBooks unexpected error C=184 same by reading this piece of writing or connect with our tech personnel at +1-855-603-0490 and ask them to carry out the necessary steps on your behalf.
Effective methods to eliminate QuickBooks error 184
To rectify Error C=184 QuickBooks faster, we have gathered various potential troubleshooting methods here. So, stop wondering now and have your eyes feast on the instructions given below:
Method 1: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Initially, look for the folder where you have saved your company document
- In the same find .ND and .TLG files
- Next, make a right-click on the same and select the Rename option
- Add .OLD toward the end of the record names, for example on the off chance that the document name is qbw.tlg at that point, rename it to your company file name.qbw.tlg.OLD
- Finally, try to open your QuickBooks application and access your company document.
Verify whether the error is resolved or not. If not, move to the next technique.
Method 2: Windows Update
Always make sure that the window that runs in the background is not changed to disrupt the connectivity of the QuickBooks desktop application. Updating Windows can require all network resources on all routes, and QuickBooks will not be able to receive a server response. Restart the machine once and you’re finished with the process.
Method 3: Running Reboot.bat
If your QuickBooks program is rebooted, minor data damage is repaired. So, try to run a reboot.bat file.
- The very first, close your QB application on your system
- Next, make a right-click on the icon of QuickBooks
- Using the drop-down menu, choose the properties
- Now, hit the location to open the file
- Then run the reboot.bat folder if you are inside the QuickBooks file
- You need to press the reboot.bat button now, and then press the administrator
- Now, as an administrator, running Reboot.bat is important
- Now, the CMD window appears and the file components are processed
- If CMD prompts you once, the procedure for restarting your machine is completed
- This could fix the error code C=184 for QuickBooks.
Method 4: Moving your Company file
If the mistake then persists continuously, you can attempt to transfer your company file to a different location that can correct the error.
- Go to the position where the file of the business is kept.
- Then right-click on the file for your business.
- Now, pick an option to cut and paste the file to another location.
It can take a little bit of time and effort to pursue the investing steps but with the above-provided information, you can easily rectify your error. It is only advisable that you must follow the steps in the given sequence order so that you can get your error resolved with much ease.
Once you scroll through the segment, it becomes a little easy to repair the QuickBooks desktop error code C=184. On the contrary, if you need our technical assistance at any point of time, then do not think much in contacting us using our QuickBooks error support helpline i.e., +1-855-603-0490
Read Also- How to Solve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
Add new comment