You are here
If Your QuickBooks Will Not Open, Perform these Steps!
- 5 reads
Sometimes while working on the QuickBooks application, errors and glitches occur that prevent users from accessing the application. One such very common is when the user is unable to open QuickBooks Desktop. The application either won’t open or close immediately for many reasons, like a damaged QBWUSER.INI file. If you are getting the error and your QuickBooks will not open, follow this article till the end. We will provide you with the reasons and solutions for terminating the error easily.
If you are unable to resolve the error on your own, you can call us at +1-800-579-9430 and get immediate assistance from our technical support team.
Common Reasons for the QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
If your QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start, the following factors might be responsible –
- Your system’s hard drive is either damaged or corrupted and is unable to handle big software like QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks company file name is either too long or contains special characters.
- The Windows operating system has become obsolete and incompatible with QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks installation files are corrupted, or the process is faulty.
- Essential files, like the QBWUSER.INI file, are either damaged or corrupted.
A short guide you can see:- QuickBooks desktop company file not found
What to Do When Your QB Desktop Just Wouldn’t Open?
If you have trouble opening QuickBooks, the following solutions might help –
Solution 1 – Run the Quick Fix my Program Tool to Mend Application Issues
The QuickBooks tool hub is an excellent utility that can help you eliminate the QuickBooks doesn’t open issue.
- Download and save the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your Desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Open the tool hub and go to the Program Problems tab to select the Quick Fix my Program tool.
- Access the tool and let it identify the program issues to fix them.
- Once the tool stops running, reopen QuickBooks to see if the issue is eradicated.
Here are some short readings on QuickBooks error 1402
Solution 2 – Stop the Company File from Opening Automatically by Suppressing QB
You can suppress QuickBooks by holding the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window. Now, to open the file manually, select the Open icon. This can help to prevent your company file from automatically opening and terminate the QB won’t open issue.
Solution 3 – Utilize the Diagnostic Utility to Scan QuickBooks for Installation Errors
Operate the QuickBooks tool hub again and run a quick diagnosis to eliminate the QB error.
- Open the tool hub and go to the Installation Issues tab to select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool run a quick diagnosis to identify the installation errors, and once done, perform a system restart.
- Re-launch QuickBooks Desktop to check the status of the QuickBooks doesn’t start issue.
If your QuickBooks will not open, there can be a few effective solutions to fix it. Follow the steps provided above, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at +1-800-579-9430 to get professional assistance from our team of experts.
A recommended to read article:- QuickBooks error 3120
Add new comment