You are here
Methods to Debug QuickBooks Error PS058
QuickBooks application has been proven to be one of the best accounting software globally. It makes a business much easier when it comes to handling finances. The application allows its users to avail themselves of different services and features. One such component is the payroll service that takes care of an employee's daily income. Although the application is friendly to use, you might come across numerous errors while dealing with it. One such error is QuickBooks error PS058 that triggers when you attempt to update the payroll to the latest release. To overcome the issue, read this detailed blog.
To clarify all your doubts related to the payroll update error PS058, call our team of QuickBooks experts through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What are the Primary Reasons Behind the Error?
At times, it can be difficult to figure out what is the exact of a specific error, especially for those who are not so familiar with that particular error. Similarly, you might be confused as to why you are receiving the error PS058 constantly. To know, you must go through the following points-
- The Windows Explorer files present in your computer system have been corrupted.
- The essential QuickBooks files have might be corrupted or severely damaged.
- Another reason for incurring the issue could be that you do not have your company file saved on the local drive.
- Last but not least, the Windows firewall has stopped you from accessing your QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Quick Ways to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code PS058
Have you attempted to fix the problem several times but cannot? Could you not find any suitable troubleshooting methods that would make the error disappear completely? Then you must check the solutions we have explained in this section of the blog-
SOLUTION 1: Open the Reboot.Bat File and Run It
- On your Windows desktop, click on Task Manager from the rundown by pressing the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Del’ keys.
- Hit the Processes tab to select QuickBooks and the related processes.
- Finish each process and move to the Windows ‘Start’ section.
- In the search bar, enter reboot.bat and click on it.
- Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entire procedure.
- Now, you require to reboot your computer.
- After performing the reboot, try to update your payroll tax table to the latest release.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Crashing
SOLUTION 2: Go to the Task Manager and End Programs
- Exit the QuickBooks application if it is in use.
- On your keyboard, press the ‘Alt + Ctrl + Del’ keys and open Task Manager.
- Move to the ‘Program’ tab and locate ‘qbupdate.exe’ and qbdagent2001.exe’.
- Choose both the files and hit ‘End Programs’.
- In the search area, enter ‘reboot.bat’ and click twice on it.
- Now, open a ‘DOS-style shell’; it will automatically close after it completes.
- At last, start your computer again and attempt to update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
By now, you must be familiar with the QuickBooks error PS058. We have tried to convey all the necessary info about the issue in the best possible way. Although these solutions are the most appropriate ones, they might not work due to other unknown minor glitches. In that case, feel free to speak to one of our professionals at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error OL 301