You are here
Methods to Reliably Tackle QuickBooks Error 80040408
- 15 reads
Multi-user issues in QuickBooks are quite common among regular users. One such error is the QuickBooks error 80040408, which arises when the hosting configuration is incorrect. There can be many other reasons for the error code, which are mentioned below. The issue prevents users from accessing their company files on the workstation and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 80040408, you can follow the solutions given below to eliminate it.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our support team.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 80040408: Possible Triggers
QuickBooks error message 80040408 can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- The company file you are trying to access is already being used by another user in a single-user hosting mode.
- The quick start feature in your QuickBooks Desktop is active and running.
- The server used to connect the workstations to the company file is down.
- QuickBooks database service is not running or is turned off.
- Multiple QQube synchronizers are running on your server PC and workstations.
- The company file path is incorrect, or the file folder location has changed.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 1618
How to Easily Address QuickBooks Company File Error 80040408?
You can terminate QuickBooks multi user issues by performing the steps given below –
Step 1 – Disable Quick Start and Reconfigure the QQube Tool
You can resolve QB error code 80040408 by disabling the quick start feature and performing a QQube reconfiguration in the following manner –
- Open QuickBooks and tap on the General tab in the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Click on the My Preferences option from the menu and look for the Quick Startup box.
- Click on it to unmark it, and once done, select the QQube Configuration Tool option to run it.
- Tap on Database and then click Show More to tick mark the Synchroniser and Database Manager options.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks to access the file in multi-user mode and check if the error code 80040408 is rectified.
Step 2 – Fix the Hosting Issue and Reconfigure the Multi-User Mode on your Systems
You can try fixing the hosting mode by logging out of the system that is facing issues and opening QuickBooks on your server PC. Next, enable the Multi-User mode from the Utilities drop-down menu and check if the company file issue is removed.
Other Solutions -
- If the error code still remains unresolved, check that the name that you have initially set up in QQube Configuration Tool for the company file matches the company file name on the PC.
- You can also try opening QuickBooks by activating the No Company Open window to open the company data file manually and fix any minor glitches.
QuickBooks error 80040408 can be effectively dismissed by following the solutions provided in this article. If the issue persists, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance from our team of QB ProAdvisor experts.
Also read: Usable techniques to counter QuickBooks Error Code 6190
Add new comment