You are here
QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer- Causes & Resolution Methods
You are not alone if you cannot use QuickBooks due to some issues with QBDBMgrN (QuickBooks Database Server Manager). Several other QB users face this issue while running QuickBooks on Windows operating systems. When the error occurs, an error message appears on your screen that reads, “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” and "QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped." Such errors indicate that the Windows firewall is interrupting the service and thus blocks the internet connection. However, you don't need to worry about fixing the issue by configuring the Windows firewall and its ports. This blog will help you understand the causes and their troubleshooting methods.
What Reasons Triggers QuickBooks Database Manager Not Running Error?
You may end up with the QBDBMgrN.exe not running an error while installing the QuickBooks update or trying to upgrade it to a newer version. However, you don’t update the Windows firewall, and this causes the firewall to detect QBDBMgrN service as an unknown service. It further blocks its access to the internet.
While you try to repair the company file and network by using QuickBooks File Doctor. At that time, an error message appears on your screen "Repair the following network problems before accessing your company file from other computers on the network *QBDBMgrN not running on this computer."
It's easier for the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair common company files and network issues, but it cannot configure the firewall of your computer. Thus, one has to manually set the firewall and its ports to allow QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service to establish a secure connection with the internet.
How To Eliminate QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer Error Message?
Below we have listed some of the troubleshooting methods that can help you fix QBDBMgrN won’t start on server error:
Method 1: Install Windows Firewall Updates
- Firstly, simultaneously press Windows + R key and type Control Panel in the Run window.
- Press the Enter key and click on the System and Security option.
- Open the firewall settings by typing the "firewall.cpl" command.
- Then, select Windows Firewall and click on Check for Updates option under the Update your Firewall Settings section.
- If any updates are available, then click on the Update Now and Use Recommended Settings option.
- Now, wait until the updates are installed.
- Lastly, restart your computer and open QuickBooks again.
If the QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer error persists even after trying the above method, you must jump to the following method.
Method 2: Install Latest Windows Firewall Updates
- Simultaneously press Windows + R to get the Run dialogue box.
- Type Control firewall.cpl in the text box and press the Enter key.
- Click on Update Now if the updates are available, and make sure you are using the Recommended Settings.
- Once you have installed the updates, you need to restart your Windows PC and try to reaccess the company file.
Need Professional’s Assistance!
We hope the troubleshooting solution mentioned in this blog would have helped you fix the QBDBMgrN not running error. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our helpline number +1(855)-856-0053. Our experts will assist you with immediate assistance.