A quick fix guide for QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File issue
If you are seeing the Error message “QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File”, it is because the network firewall is causing interruption in connection of the QuickBooks application with the company file. You can easily tackle the error by running QuickBooks File Doctor, checking the firewall settings and resetting the folder permissions. We have provided step by step commands of all the solutions so you can quickly fix the error by yourself.. continue reading the article to identify and solve QuickBooks firewall error.
If you want to know the simple and short way to deal with the error “QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File”, Call QuickBooks Support team on 1.800.579.0391 for immediate help
Solution 1: run QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Steps to run the QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub are given below:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, click on Company Files Issues tab.
- Then click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and now wait for the File Doctor to open.
- Inside the QuickBooks File Doctor window, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Check Your File and Click the Continue button.
- Type your QuickBooks admin password and Click on Next
Also Read : Quickbooks Error 6000 83
Solution 2: update the QuickBooks Desktop application on your computer
Steps to update the QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest version:
- First, close QuickBooks Desktop and company files.
- Now go to Start menu.
- Find and Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on Run as administrator.
- in the no company open tab, click on the Help menu.
- Then click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the options tab and click on Mark All.
- Click on save button.
- Select Update Now and click the Reset Update check-box.
- Lastly, click on Get Updates.
Solution 3: reset the folder permission
Steps to confirm whether the folder permissions are set correctly:
- Go to windows icons and click on the File Explorer.
- Now right-click the folder in which the company file is located.
- Click on Properties.
- Open the security tab and click on Advanced.
- Next, you click on QuickBooksServiceUserXX and click Edit.
- Change the settings mentioned below to Allowed:
- Create files\write data
- Create folder\append data
- Execute File\Traverse Folder
- List folder\read data
- Read attributes
- Read permissions
- Write attributes
- Write extended attributes
You can check now, whether the error message “QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File” is still visible or not by opening a company file in the QuickBooks Desktop. If there is still any questions about the error you want to ask, dial 1.800.579.0391 to discuss your issues with a QuickBooks expert.
Also read : Quickbooks Error 6176