You are here
Quick Hacks That Erase QuickBooks Error 15101
Many users encounter technical glitches while updating QuickBooks or Payroll. These errors are categorized under the 15xxx series. One of the most common 15xxx errors is the QuickBooks Error 15101 that arises when the user updates the software and is unable to establish a connection with the company file. There are several triggers to this issue, like a poor internet connection or a damaged QuickBooks file. Let us understand the other possible factors behind this error and the techniques that assist us in resolving the same.
Are you looking for someone to explain all of this to you, but in a human way? Get in touch with our certified experts at 1-855-856-0042 and receive top-quality solutions.
Recommended to Read :
Sources of QuickBooks Error Code 15101
- Incorrect settings in Internet Explorer.
- The Digital Signature Certificate is not installed on the system.
- A damaged or corrupted .exe file.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 15101
Now that we understand the causes behind Error 15101, we shall now look at the ways in which the error can be removed from QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Execute the Reboot.bat File
- Close all QuickBooks windows.
- Hover over the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Click right and choose Properties.
- Move to the Shortcut section.
- Press the Open File Location button.
- In the following window, locate the reboot.bat file.
- You need to click right on the file and select Run as Administrator.
- If the system prompts a permission box, select Yes.
- A black screen with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- After this, you must restart your computer.
Solution 2- Download and Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Download and install the Digital Signature Certificate.
- Navigate to this location - C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Locate the QBW32.exe file in the folder.
- Hover over the file and select Properties.
- In the next prompt, go to the Digital Signature tab.
- Check if Intuit is selected in the Signature list. If not, you must mark it.
- Hit the Details tab.
- Press the View Certificate button to open the View Certificate window
- Tap on Install Certificate.
- Click on Next.
- Hit the Finish button.
- Reboot your device. Access QuickBooks.
Solution 3- Configure the Internet Explorer Settings
- Hold the Ctrl key + R to open the Run window.
- In the search bar, type INETCPL.CPL.
- Hit the OK button.
- In the following window, go to the General section.
- Press Delete.
- Now choose the following options-
a)Temporary internet files
- Click on Delete again.
- Move to the Connections section in the same window.
- Select the LAN Settings and detect.
- Tap on OK.
- Lastly, click on the Advanced tab.
- Move to the Security.
- Here you need to ensure that
a)TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are unchecked.
b)TLS 1.2 is checked.
We are positive that our blog helped you in eradicating QuickBooks Error 15101 from your computer. However, if the steps above are not suitable for your device, it is best to speak to our on-call support experts at 1-855-856-0042.