You are here
[Quick Troubleshooting Guide] to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
- 45 reads
QuickBooks basic payroll service updating from time to time is necessary as with every update, a user gets improved functionality and the latest features. However, there are a number of errors that can occur while trying to download the latest updates of payroll, and among them, the most common is QuickBooks error 15241. The error message of the error code reads, “The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.” There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of such an update error that we are going to discuss with you further in this post, along with the troubleshooting solutions.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 15241 without going through the tiresome troubleshooting procedure? If yes, feel free to reach our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 15241?
As the error message itself suggests that QuickBooks error code 15241 arises when the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop is turned off. However, there can be other reasons also, such as:
- The version of the QuickBooks Desktop you have on the computer is outdated.
What should you do to get rid of QuickBooks error 15241?
Solution 1) Turn on the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop
- In QuickBooks Desktop, select the File menu located at the top menu bar.
- Select the Exit option from the drop-down list.
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to choose the Start menu.
- Type “Computer” into the search box and right-click This PC from the list of search results.
- Select the Manage option.
- From the left pane of the window, select the Services and Applications option.
- Double-select Services at the right pane of the window.
- Search for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and double-select it.
- On the General tab, choose the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Select the Start button and then the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download the updates of payroll.
Solution 2) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent release
- Select the Start menu on the computer.
- Enter “QuickBooks Desktop” into the search column and right-click the version of QuickBooks Desktop you want to update.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Help menu located at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down list, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- In the Options tab, choose the Mark All button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab, checkmark the Reset Update checkbox, and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Select the File menu located at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down list, select the Exit option.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and select the Yes button on the update installer pop-up.
If QuickBooks error 15241 persists even after following all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there is a great possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop is completely damaged. Our recommendation for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting support to get the payroll update error resolved, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks experts at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).
Add new comment