You are here
QuickBooks Error 106 made Easy and Quick to Deal With
One of the most celebrated accounting applications, QuickBooks, is prone to incurring minor technical glitches. Several users have faced the QuickBooks Error 106 while logging into their financial institution’s webpage. Eventually, the server is unable to connect with your bank account. If you have disabled the activities on a particular account or if it is inactive/closed, and you have not updated your bank records, you might face this error. In this blog, we will understand the basic factors behind this issue and the practical methods to resolve it.
Dealing with QuickBooks Error 106 can be confusing if you are not familiar with its feature. Get in touch with a pro-advisor right now to receive some great tips and tricks. Contact 1.800.579.9430.
What are the Primary Causes behind QuickBooks Error 106?
1. The bank’s server is undergoing maintenance.
2. When important QuickBooks files are deleted
3. When you have not updated your details in the bank record
4. Outdated version of QuickBooks.
You may also read: Quickbooks error 6000 77
How should you Deal with QuickBooks Error 106?
Here we have listed the best techniques to help you get rid of QuickBooks Error 106. Follow the instructions carefully-
Solution 1: Manually Connect your Bank account
1. Visit your bank’s official website.
2. Use your credentials to log in here.
3. Now open QuickBooks.
4. Click on the Customer Service tab.
5. Select Service Center.
6. Tap on My Information.
7. Now click on the Allow Financial Management Tools Access option.
8. Enable the settings in this field.
9. Check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Disable the Inactive Account
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Press the Transactions button.
3. Click on Banking.
4. Navigate to the account you want to delete from your details.
5. Hit the Pencil icon shown right beside the particular account.
6. Select Edit Account Info.
7. Check the Disconnect this Account box.
8. Press Save.
Solution 3: Remove the Inactive Account
1. Access QuickBooks.
2. Press the Gear icon.
3. Click on the Chart of Accounts.
4. Locate and select the account you want to delete.
5. Tap on the Action option.
6. Now select Delete.
7. The account should disappear from your list of accounts.
8. Reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Include the Account again in your List
1. Navigate to your QuickBooks app.
2. Tap on the Add Account tab.
3. In the given field, type your bank’s name.
4. Hit the Find button.
5. Select your bank from the given options.
6. Follow the on-screen wizard to save your details.
7. Sign in to your account using your credentials.
We are now well aware of the triggers and resolutions for QuickBooks Error 106. Hopefully, this blog helped you erase the issue from your device. If the problem persists, it is best that you connect with a professional on call for prompt advice. Ring them at 1.800.579.9430.