You are here
QuickBooks Error 6123 – Problem Connecting to Server
QuickBooks is a complex software dealing with accounts and financial tasks. A crucial feature of this app is the ability to work in different modes based upon the number of admin users – single-user and multi-user. While switching between these modes, the program users have reported a QuickBooks Error 6123. The most recurrent situation arises when you restore a backup of the company file, mainly from an online storage application. We have listed some other pointers that could trigger this error in our blog below. Also, do not forget to check out some troubleshooting hacks of Error 6123.
We also recommend you to get in touch with our certified experts for a deep checkup of your QuickBooks application. Contact 1-855-856-0042.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Error 6123
- The user does not have full access to operate.
- When the system has numerous database server systems running simultaneously.
- Interrupted network connection.
- Backup is being restored from an external disk.
- Damaged company file.
Remedies to remove QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution 1: Fix the damaged files
- Press the Windows key.
- In the search field, type File Explorer.
- Hit Enter.
- Select the File Explorer button.
- Navigate to your company file.
- Right-click on the file with .ND extension.
- Select Rename.
- Add .old to the name (FileName.ND.OLD).
- Repeat the process for the .TLG file (FileName.TLG.OLD).
- Access QuickBooks.
- Click on File.
- Select Switch to Multi-user access.
- Access the company file to check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Visit the Intuit website.
- Download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the wizard to install it on your device.
- Close all programs and applications running on your system.
- Run the Diagnostic Tool to identify errors in the QuickBooks app.
- Restart your device.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Open Intuit website.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to launch it.
- Choose the appropriate file.
- Click on Check your File only button.
- Hit Continue.
- Use your login details to confirm.
- Tap on Next.
- Run the scan on your computer.
- Shut down and restart your computer.
- Access QuickBooks to check if the issue is resolved.
Tackling QuickBooks errors can be tricky since it involves altering files that hold confidential data. We hope that our blog helped you get rid of QuickBooks Error 6123. If you are not satisfied with the methods above, you can consult our technical experts at 1-855-856-0042.