QuickBooks Error C=51 | A Comprehensive Guide to This Issue
Working on transactions is a regular task performed by QuickBooks users, and it is pretty easy to manage them in QuickBooks. At times, different errors can show up while you are working on your transactions, and one such error is QuickBooks error c=51 that throws an error message that reads “C=51: can’t find txList.” This error is directly related to the issues with the transactions and appears when QuickBooks faces difficulties accessing the txList in the list of transactions. You can also encounter the same problem while deleting a transaction from the list of transactions in the QuickBooks Desktop. This article will discuss some of the easiest ways to deal with the issue and will also highlight the reasons that trigger such an error in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
If you are worried that troubleshooting the error on your own can damage your data or mess up QuickBooks, dial +1-800-579-9430 and troubleshoot the error under the supervision of an expert
What Triggers Error C=51 in QuickBooks?
As discussed above, the primary cause of the error is the missing txList that QuickBooks requires to perform operations with the transactions. Other reasons that can result in the same error while working on the transactions are listed below.
- If you have downloaded the transactions with an unstable internet connection.
- If the transactions you are working on are accidentally deleted and are not available in the transactions list.
- Damage in the QuickBooks data can also be why you might face this issue in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Moving forward to the next section of this article, we will try to rectify the issues mentioned above by switching the internet connection type, rebuilding the data, and recovering the lost transactions.
Quick Solutions to Permanently Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error C=51
Solution 1: Switch the Internet Connection type and Re-download the Transactions
- If you are connected to a wireless connection, switch it to a hard-wired connection.
- Download the transactions again and perform the same action that triggered the error earlier.
- If you still get the same error, try to recover the lost transactions with the next solution.
You May also Read :
Solution 2: Restore the Transactions that are Accidentally Deleted from QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Reports menu to select Accountant and Taxes.
- Now select Audit Trail and view the match the transactions from the list of transactions you are working on.
- If you see any missing transactions, re-create them and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Rebuild the Damaged Company Data using QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
- Click the File tab in QuickBooks and click the Utilities drop-down to access the Verify and Rebuild Data utility.
- Select the Verify Data Tool, and QuickBooks will look for any damage in the company data.
- If it found any damage, it will give suggest you repair the damage.
- Click Rebuild Now, and Rebuild Data Utility will automatically repair any damage.
If you still can’t work on your transactions because of QuickBooks error C=51, contact QuickBooks support for help by dialing QuickBooks Desktop technical support number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article :