You are here
QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not working! Be Alerted When it Happens
QuickBooks is the most efficient accounting application having various advanced features. Its multi-user feature allows users to work on the same company file together in multi-user mode. Sometimes, while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode, users get a QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. The error triggers because of damaged QuickBooks configuration files and insufficient folder permissions. Go through the complete blog to get detailed information about QuickBooks multi-user mode not syncing error such as causes and quick troubleshooting solutions.
Need assistance to eliminate QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not working issue? Reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430
Primary reasons why QuickBooks freezes when switching to multi-user mode
Check out the following major causes behind the multi-user issue:
1. The hosting is not set up correctly on the server computer and the workstation.
2. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is damaged or not running correctly on the server manager.
3. The QuickBooks company file does not have sufficient permissions.
Read more :-
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks multi-user not syncing error
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor to fix multi-user issues
1. Ensure no company file is open when you quit QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Move to desktop, open your web browser and download the newly released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
3. Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the saved location, follow the instructions given on the screen and mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
4. Now, go to the desktop and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon.
5. When the tool hub opens, select Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
6. When the File Doctor opens, choose your company file from the drop-down.
7. If you can’t see it, click Browse and search it on your computer.
8. Choose the Check your File option, enter login details and click Next to start the tool.
Solution 2. Check if QuickBooks services are running on the computer
1. Move to your server computer and click the Windows icon on your desktop.
2. Within the search field, type Run and then open Run.
3. When the Run dialog box appears, enter services.msc and tap the Enter key.
4. Look for QuickBooksDBXX on the list and double-click it.
5. Choose Automatic as the Startup Type and assure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it is none of them, select Start.
6. Click the Recovery tab, scroll the Services drop-down and choose Restart the Service from First failure, Second failure and Subsequent failures drop-down.
7. Click Apply to save the changes and follow the same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 3. Resolve the multi-user issues by renaming .nd and .tlg configuration files
1. Open the QuickBooks company file and tap theF2 key to open up the Product Information window.
2. Move to the File Information section and note down the location of QuickBooks company files.
3. Find the files with .nd and .tlg configuration file and right-click them.
4. Select the Rename option and change the name of both the files by adding .old after the extension.
Following the above troubleshooting solutions in order will surely work for you in resolving the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue. If you continue to get the same error even after following the solutions discussed above, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 15240