You are here
QuickBooks Online Backup: Effective Steps & Procedure
Data is the most crucial element for any business or company. It’s important to protect your data, especially when you are using online software. For QuickBooks Online users, data backup becomes all the more important. QuickBooks Online provides only program-level backups to users, and hence, users need to perform account-level backups to prevent losing their data. If you want to perform the QuickBooks Online backup process, follow the steps provided in this article.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at +1 855-948-3646 and get assistance from our technical support team.
Reasons Why You Should Backup your QuickBooks Online Data
You need to perform a QuickBooks backup process for your QuickBooks Online data due to the following reasons –
- QuickBooks Online provides a native backup feature that can backup QBO data but cannot restore individual transactions.
- Backup is the safest way to prevent any accidental data loss or deletion.
- QBO backup is limited to excel and PDF, and a backup process allows you to export transactions, lists, and reports as .CSV files and in their original format.
- Backup helps you to detect any incomplete restore jobs and restart them automatically.
- It prevents any data corruption from 3rd party app integrations.
Read more :- QuickBooks payroll won't update
How to Backup My QuickBooks Online Data Successfully?
To perform the QuickBooks Online backup data process, you need to activate the online backup & restore feature.
- Log in to QuickBooks Online as an admin and go to the Apps section to select My Apps.
- From the Action tab, open the drop-down and select Launch.
- Click on the Companies option to pick the company you want to backup and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select Authorize to Connect and activate the backup & restore feature for your QuickBooks Online.
Steps on How to Backup QuickBooks Data Automatically
For automatic data backup, you need to set up a continuous backup in the following manner –
- Log in to the Online Restore & Backup app and select Companies from the appeared menu.
- Select Enable Backup to set up automatic backups and schedule your backups regularly.
Steps on How to Backup QuickBooks Online Data Manually for One-time
If you need a data backup only once or want to perform a manual backup process, follow the steps given below –
- Sign into the Online Backup & Restore app and select Backup from the appeared menu.
- Choose New Manual Backup and select among the following backup types – Incremental, Full, or Complete.
Read more :- QuickBooks network connection failure
Scheduling your QuickBooks Online Data Backup to Google Drive or DropBox
- Once you have linked your account, you can schedule your backups from the Settings menu.
- Select Backup Company and go to the Local Backup menu to select Link a Service.
- Choose your preferred backup location and select Google Drive or DropBox.
You can successfully perform a QuickBooks Online backup by following the steps given in this blog. If there is a backup failure or you are experiencing difficulty in running the backup process, you can reach out to us at +1 855-948-3646 and get assistance from our team of experts.
Related article :-