You are here
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 once and for all
QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 is one of the most irritating issues that users face on Quickbooks. That’s because it is directly connected to the Quickbooks company files. One of the main things that people will have to face with this error but their desktop is that they will not be able to open their company file.
When this error message is displayed on the screen it means that your company file is either harmed or corrupted due to some or the other reason. Like any other error, this one also can be caused due to multiple reasons.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 code on your desktop?
Although there are multiple reasons that can cause this problem, a few common ones can be verified. Some of them are given below so that you can check which of them the reason for your problem is.
- One of the reasons why this is being caused in your desktop is because the company file you are accessing is opened on another computer in the single user mode.
- The file location is either changed or its access is to read or another network folder.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks error code 6150 1006
Solution: Resolving the QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 manually
Before starting with the solution you must keep in mind that there are two ways of manually fixing it. First in which you try resolving the error on any of the workstations and second when you do the same on your host computer.
Fixing the issue from the another workstation
Here is what you will have to do if your company file is opened in a single user mode on your workstations.
- Shut down the Quickbooks Desktop on all the other computers.
- Open your company files in the host desktop.
- Then go to “file menu” and click on “switch to multi-user mode.”
- You will have to reboot all the workstations if you still get this issue.
Fixing the issue if the company file is open on your host computer
- Start by clicking on the “File menu” and then select “Close company.”
- Re-open the file menu and then click on “Open or restore company.”
- Then click on the “open a company file” and after that, “next.”
- You will then have to select the company files and then “open file in multi-user mode.”
- And lastly just click on “Open.”
Recommended to read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202
There are high chances that this would fix the issue once and for all. And after this you will be able to work on your desktop as comfortable as possible.
If you are working on your QuickBooks desktop and have been experiencing the QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 then this solution will eradicate the issue. But if the problem still persists you can always connect with our experts for help. We have a complete team of certified professionals who would help you right from the very beginning when you diagnose the problem till the end when it gets solved.
To connect with one of our team members you just have to dial the number that’s given on your screen. Or you can take the chat bot section and talk to our team for assistance.
You may also read: - How to Fix Error Code 40003 QuickBooks