Strategy to resolve QuickBooks Condense Data Error
QuickBooks is known for the wide range of tools and features that it offers to make accounting and related business processes easier for its users. It provides the Condense Data Utility to compress the company file that becomes sluggish with time due to its enormous size. It runs smoothly most of the time but can give you troubles at times, such as QuickBooks condense data error. Through this article, we will discuss how to compress your files and how to resolve the QuickBooks condense data error in case you encounter it.
If you are facing error in condensing your files or you need any help from experts, then contact us at (800)-579–9430.
How do I compress a large QuickBooks file?
Your Company file may get bigger with time, and this will make it sluggish and slow to load. If you are wondering how do I compress a larger QuickBooks file, then here is a detailed step for you:
1. Prepare a backup of your Company file as condensing file is a non-reversible process.
2. Go to the ‘Files’ menu of your QuickBooks window.
3. Open the ‘Utilities’ section and then click on the ‘Condense Data’ option.
4. Select the options as per your preference and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
5. Your file will get compressed to a smaller size which makes it easy to operate again.
Reasons for QuickBooks 2019 condense data error
Various reasons can cause the QuickBooks 2019 condense data error. We have listed them out for you:
1. The file is not located on the computer used to condense it.
2. The file is damaged or corrupt.
3. A damaged QuickBooks log file can also cause the QuickBooks condense data error.
4. The Desktop application or the condense data feature is outdated.
You may also read :-
Methods for QuickBooks condense repair
Now that we are aware of the reasons causing the QuickBooks condense data error, we should now move on to the methods that can be applied for QuickBooks condense repair.
Method 1: File doctor tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be downloaded from Intuit’s website. Install it and then run to diagnose and repair any damage to the Company file.
Method 2: Rename QBWIN.LOG file
If the error persists, then you should rename QBWIN.LOG file to resolve any issues with the log file causing the QuickBooks condense data error. The steps are as follows:
1.Locate the QuickBooks folder in your system drive.
2. Find the QBWIN.LOG file in the folder.
3. Right-click and choose ‘Rename’ option.
4. Add (.OLD) extension in the name and save it.
Through this article, we discussed the methods to condense your QuickBooks file and the steps to resolve QuickBooks condense data error. If you are still struggling with the error and you need help from an expert, then contact us at (800)-579–9430.
Related Article :-