Tried and Tested Solutions for QuickBooks Error 213
QuickBooks is an accounting application that assists its users in creating transactions and creating consecutive reports. Sometimes, there can be errors while recording these transactions, such as entering incorrect figures, inputting the wrong currency symbols, or making a duplicate entry. In this blog we are going to discuss one similar issue, which is the “QuickBooks Error 213: Verify Name list. Duplicate name encountered.” The most occurrence of this error is while running the Verify and Rebuild Data tool. Continue reading our blog below to acquire more information on how to deal with the same.
If you do not wish to go through the steps mentioned below, you can also choose to speak with our on-call support service team to resolve QuickBooks Error 213. Dial 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6010 100
Factors that give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 213
- When a customer has entered incorrect data, it can give rise to this specific error.
- A misconfiguration in the Windows Registry settings can also provoke the issue.
- Involuntary deletion of QuickBooks files.
- An internal glitch in the system Framework.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 213
In this section, we will talk about the processes that can be followed in order to get rid of error 213 in QuickBooks in an efficient manner -
Method 1 - Look for the Duplicate Entries in the Log file and Replace them
- Go to your QBWin.log file and scroll down to the end of it.
- Hold the Ctrl key + F on your keyboard to open the Find window.
- In the search space, type Duplicate and hit Enter.
- This will display all the identical entries that have been made in the file.
- Once you have located all of them, press the Rename button and change the name of all the identical entries.
- After this we need to check if there are no more entries left in the log file. To do this you must run the Verify Data tool.
i.In QuickBooks Desktop, click on the File tab.
ii.Tap on Utilities and choose the Verify Data option.
iii.Once this process is complete, select the Rebuild Data option.
iv.Finally, use the Verify Data tool again.
Method 2 - Access the QB Log file from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Access QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Next, press the F3 key to trigger the Tech Help prompt box.
- Go to the Open File section and then choose QBWin.log.
- Alternatively, you can tap the Start button and paste this location in the search panel - C:\Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit \QuickBooks \log \XXX\.
- When you are taken to the next window, click twice on the QBWin.log file.
It is in our best endeavors that you are able to get rid of QuickBooks Error 213 through the solutions mentioned above. But, if the error persists and comes in your daily operations, we recommend you get in touch with our QuickBooks Pro Advisor tech experts at 1-855-856-0042 for steady solution.
You may also read |