Troubled with the QuickBooks license Error? Here’s a fix
QuickBooks is widely used by small and medium-sized businesses as it makes the accounting processes seamless and convenient. You need to purchase the license of the product to be able to use it and then register your application. In some cases, if the registration files get damaged, it can cause various issues like the QuickBooks License error. You won’t be able to move ahead with your general QuickBooks related tasks unless you resolve the error. We will discuss with you the reasons and the troubleshooting methods for the QuickBooks License Error in this blog.
You may come across the QuickBooks license error while trying to open the application or while installing it. While the troubleshooting can be done in a few steps, it may get technical at times. If you need an expert’s help, contact us at our +1 800-579-9430.
Why are you facing QuickBooks license Error on startup?
If you are facing the QuickBooks License error on startup, there can be various reasons behind it. These have been mentioned below for you:
- The License Information of your QuickBooks Desktop application is saved in the QBregistration.dat file. If these files get damaged or inaccessible for QuickBooks, you will face the QuickBooks License error.
- Microsoft XML is a crucial component that helps run QuickBooks efficiently, and if damaged, it can cause an error.
- If you have not updated your Operating System for a long time, it can bring compatibility issues causing the error.
- The Antivirus software may also interfere with the application’s program file causing the error.
Read more :-
Key points to fix QuickBooks POS checking License Error?
You should implement a few key points before you apply troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks POS checking License Error. These have been listed below for you:
- Keep your Operating System updated to avoid any system incompatibility resulting in issues like QuickBooks License error.
- Scan your system for any viruses or malware and remove them if found to ensure the safety of program files.
- Try to check if the error is resolved on turning the Anti-virus application off for QuickBooks.
How to fix QuickBooks license Error?
If the error persists after applying the methods provided in the previous paragraph, you would need to resolve the error manually. You should delete the ECML file and then rename your Entitlement file to fix the error. The steps are as follows:
- Open the ‘Run’ command of your computer.
- Fill in the address “C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client8” and hit ‘Ok.’
- Find the ECML file in the new window and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Delete’ and then find the entitlement file.
- Rename the file by adding an (.OLD) extension at the end of it.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to save it.
You will need to open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then register your product again to run it. The steps should help you resolve the error, but if you are struggling and you need help, call us at our +1 800-579-9430 and talk to our experienced and certified QuickBooks experts.
Read this article to fix