A Unique Method to Tackle QuickBooks Error 6094
Several applications run on our computers simultaneously. If you are operating QuickBooks, the system firewall, anti-virus program, and other applications will run side-by-side. And it is important that these applications are configured appropriately, or else they can run interference. This blog will focus on a specific error known as the QuickBooks Error 6094 that arises when the anti-virus program in your device does not allow QuickBooks to function correctly. We shall also look at a way in which this situation can be handled. Read below.
If you do not wish to alter your system settings, it is best to get in touch with an experienced professional. Call 1.800.579.0391.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 6094 Arise?
- If QuickBooks loses its connectivity with the database server.
- The third-party anti-virus program has quarantined or blocked QuickBooks files. As a result, QuickBooks is unable to run smoothly on the device.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 3371
How Do You Erase QuickBooks Error Message 6094?
Since this error arises mainly due to misconfiguration in your anti-virus settings, it is important that you verify these settings again. Here we will discuss AVG Anti-Virus Software-
Step 1- Update AVG Anti-Virus Software
- Open AVG Anti-Virus User Interface.
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Select Settings.
- Check the General box in the menu.
- Hit the Update button.
- Move to the Application field.
- Press the Check for Updates button.
- Allow the program to look for updates.
- After seeing the message “Your application is up to date”, restart your computer.
Step 2- Prohibit the QuickBooks Directory Scan
- Terminate all QuickBooks windows.
- Go to AVG Anti-Virus User Interface.
- Click twice on Resident Shield.
- Select the Manage Exceptions option.
- Tap on Add Path.
- Here, you need to add the path - C:\Program Files\Intuit in the given field.
- Hit the OK button.
- Press the Save Changes tab.
- If the next prompt asks you to restore the quarantined or blocked QuickBooks files, follow the wizard.
Step 3- Check for the Quarantined QuickBooks Files
- Go back to AVG Anti-Virus User Interface.
- Click on the History tab.
- Select Virus Vault.
- Next, you need to look for all the QuickBooks files that have been quarantined, like, qb.exe file, qbw32.exe etc.
- Choose the important files.
- Hit the Restore button.
- Press Close.
- Open QuickBooks.
Step 4- Look for the QuickBooks Files that have been Renamed
- Close QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the location - C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Look for the renamed files in this folder. It may look like QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED.
- Click right on the files and choose Rename.
- Rename them to their original names. It may look like qbdbmgrn.exe.
- Access QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
In the above blog, we understood the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6094 and figured out a length but simple method to resolve the same. If you wish to clarify any doubts or queries, feel free to connect with our certified pro-advisors at 1.800.579.0391 for immediate assistance and prompt resolution.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 15270