You are here
An Updated Guide for Eliminating QuickBooks Installation error
Many users experience technical glitches when they try to install the QuickBooks Desktop application. They sometimes encounter the QuickBooks installation error while installing QuickBooks or opening it after the install. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “QuickBooks has stopped working,” when a user opens the QuickBooks Desktop. The error usually occurs because of damaged MSXML and C++. This blog will give in-depth information on QuickBooks Desktop installation error, its causes, and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
Facing QuickBooks Installation error and cannot find the right solution? Dial (TFN) and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop installation error
It is essential to know what triggers the error before getting started with the troubleshooting solutions. Given below are some leading causes of the error. Take a look:
- The Windows you’re using is not up-to-date.
- QuickBooks installation files are damaged or missing.
- Microsoft components such as .NET Framework and MSXML are damaged and need repair.
Now that you know what triggered the error let us walk you through the methods given below.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks won’t install error
Method 1. Fix install errors by running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Go to Downloads and open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Begin the installation process by following the prompt steps.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the tool installs completely, its icon will show up on the desktop.
- Double-click the icon, open the tool hub and choose Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait around 20 minutes for the tool to complete the process.
- Restart your workstation when the tool finishes.
If the Install Diagnostic Tool doesn’t resolve the error, proceed to the next method.
You may also Read :
Method 2. Get the most recent update of Windows
- Click the Windows Start icon.
- Move to Settings and click Windows Update.
- Install the latest Windows update and then restart your computer.
If the error continues, try the next method.
Method 3. Try to reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- Foremost, create a backup of your company file and save a copy of QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
- Start your workstation in Selective startup mode using these steps:
l Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows and R keys together.
l Write MSConfig and click OK.
l Choose the General tab, click Selective startup and then Load system services.
l Select the Services tab, mark the Hide all Microsoft Services and click the Disable All button.
l Tick the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
l Scroll through the list of services and make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected.
l Click OK, go to the System Configuration window, and click Restart.
3. Clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
4. Switch QuickBooks to Normal startup mode.
We are hopeful that our blog helped you resolve the QuickBooks installation error. If you require additional support, call us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.