You are here
An Updated Guide for Eliminating QuickBooks running slow issue
QuickBooks always annoy users with technical glitches and performance issues. You must have heard about QuickBooks running slow issue that arises when your workstation doesn’t live up to the minimum system requirements. The error also triggers when the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or missing. There is nothing to worry about as following a correct troubleshooting procedure can resolve the issue. Keep reading the blog to learn more about QuickBooks loading extremely slow issues, its causes, and troubleshooting techniques.
If you are sick of facing QuickBooks running slow issues, call us on our customer support number +1-800-579-9430 and get troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks loading extremely slow issue
It is important to know the reasons behind performance issues in QuickBooks. Check out the most common factors that prompt the issue:
- QuickBooks Desktop installation and program files are damaged.
- The Windows operating system you are using is damaged.
- The QuickBooks Desktop version you’re operating is not up-to-date.
Go through the complete blog and follow the troubleshooting solutions given below to fix the error.
Solutions to Solve QuickBooks Desktop Performance Issues
The following troubleshooting steps include updating the QuickBooks Desktop application and running the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
Solution 1. Get the newest update of QuickBooks Desktop
You can fix the issue by downloading the latest QuickBooks update as each update comes with new features and fixes. Perform the steps given below to fix the error manually:
- Close company files and then exit QuickBooks.
- Click the Windows Start menu and look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- By right-clicking the icon, choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, select the Help tab and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab, click Mark All and then Save.
- Choose the Update Now tab, and don’t forget to tick the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start downloading the update, click Get Updates.
- Next, open QuickBooks and install the update.
- Restart your workstation and restart QuickBooks.
If the error recurs, proceed to the next solution.
You may also Read :
Solution 2. Fix .NET, MSXML and C++ issues by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your workstation to use the Install Diagnostic Tool. If not, follow the steps given below:
- Close company files and then exit the QuickBooks window.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Open the Downloads folder and then the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Perform the prompt steps to install the tool hub and mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once the install completes, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon.
- Click the Installations Issues tab and then QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool run to fix Microsoft components issues. It may take around 20 min to complete.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer once the tool finishes.
If none of the discussed troubleshooting solutions help you overcome QuickBooks running slow issue, consult the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks Data Service Support