You are here
An Updated Guide to Reset QuickBooks Password
Just like other applications, QuickBooks also safeguards users’ data with the help of passwords. As users have numerous accounts, it gets difficult for them to remember all passwords. Also, an increase in cyber crimes raises the need to reset passwords from time to time. To reset QuickBooks passwords, try the Automated Password Reset tool or change it manually with the help of registered email address. This article is all about acquainting users with how to reset passwords in QuickBooks for users or admin, so read carefully until the end.
If you are struggling to reset QuickBooks password and need support, then call us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Here’s How to Reset QuickBooks Password
- Figure out the type of password you want to reset. You can only change the Admin password or a user password.
- If you are an Admin and want to reset password. You don’t have to enter a user name. You only enter login credentials while signing in.
- If you are not an admin user and want to reset your password, ask your admin to do so.
Here are the steps to reset a user password in QuickBooks:
- Log in to QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator.
- Choose the Company menu and then click Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Choose Set Up Users and enter the QuickBooks admin password.
- Scroll through the User List and select the user you want to reset password for.
- Click Edit User and then enter a new password.
Following are the steps to reset the admin password in QuickBooks:
You may also Read :
For QuickBooks version 2020:
- Open QuickBooks and click I forget my password on the Company Login window.
- Scroll the drop-down list, choose your email and then click Next.
- You’ll get a token on your selected email to reset QuickBooks’ password.
- Enter the token from your email. If you don’t find the mail, check your spam and junk folder.
For QuickBooks 2019 or earlier versions:
- Open QuickBooks and from the login window, click I forgot my password.
- When the info form appears, enter QuickBooks license number, name, phone number, ZIP code.
- Click OK and you will get a code on your primary email if the information given is correct.
- QuickBooks will direct you to create a new admin password.
If the steps given above didn’t work to reset QuickBooks password, check for typos and match it with what’s in CAMPS. You can also use the Automated Password Reset tool. If you still face any difficulty, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error ps077