You are here
Ways to Hack QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Operating on QuickBooks is not a complicated task. However, dealing with the glitches of the application can become a cumbersome activity. One of these faults is the QuickBooks Error 6189 816 that occurs in the multi-user mode. A trigger text saying, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file”, also starts flashing on the screen. This only indicates a problem with your network and not your company file. Let us dig deep into this error in our blog below.
Are you too troubled with QuickBooks Error 6189 816? It is time to connect with an expert at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read :
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816?
- A corrupted Windows Registry.
- If multiple people are accessing the company file at once.
- Presence of virus or malware in the device.
- Insufficient permission access to the users.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Message 6189 816
Let us look at some ways to fix the Error 6189 816 in some easy ways -
Method 1 - Execute the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The aim of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is to allow you to share your company file within your network. Since Error Code -6189 is a multi-user mode glitch, the following steps should help -
- Visit Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe file to start the installation process.
- Click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop.
- Here, you need to tap on the Network Issues tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- If your company file shows up on this screen, press the Start Scan button. Or else, click on Browse.
- This will trigger a scan on your device. Allow it to finish.
- Once this is complete, tap on Close.
- Open QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 - Change the Location of your Company File
If nothing helps, it is better to move your company file to a new location in the worst situations. You can try to move your file to another folder, or you can drag the entire folder. Here is how -
- Before proceeding, ensure that you have created and secured a backup of your company file.
- You must also give it a different name to avoid overwriting.
- Save this backup file in an accessible location. It can be your desktop or a commonly used file folder.
- After this, restore the backup of your company file to a new location. You must name this file also uniquely.
- Use this newly restored file as your primary company file.
- Finally, add OLD to the name of your previous company file. This will keep all the files separate.
We hope that we could provide you with maximum information on QuickBooks Error 6189 816 through our solution blog above. If you have any doubts and wish to talk to someone about them, it is best to contact our certified pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042.