You are here
What’s QuickBooks Error 1606 and How can you Fix it?
QuickBooks pro error 1606 occurs while installing the QuickBooks desktop application. The error comes up with a message displaying, “Error 1606: Could not access network location. The user might get the QuickBooks installation error 1606 when the network connected to the computer is not available or the account logged in to Windows is damaged. To know more about the QuickBooks pro error 1606, read the article till the end.
If you are getting QuickBooks error 1606 and want to resolve it at once, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts by dialing our toll-free number 1800-579-9430.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Installation Error 1606?
Following are the factors leading to QuickBooks error message 1606:
- Corrupt install file of QuickBooks leading to installation issues.
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly.
- The user is not logged in as an administrator.
- Fault in the Windows registry files.
As of now, you are aware of the causes leading to QuickBooks giving error 1606.
Best Possible Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Pro Error 1606
Given below is the most effective troubleshooting procedure to get rid of QuickBooks error message 1606:
Solution 1. Log in as an Administrator and reinstall the update
The steps given below will help you login Administrator user account:
- Restart the workstation.
- Enter the Admin credentials to log in to your system.
- Install QuickBooks again.
If you still get QuickBooks error message 1606, move on to the next solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6210
Solution 2. Switch to Selective Startup mode and reinstall QuickBooks
Before proceeding to the steps, keep a note of QuickBooks product and license information and take a backup of the company file. Here’re the steps to do:
- Restart the system in Selective startup mode
Installing the application in Selective startup mode prevents hindrance of other applications from completing the task:
- Open the Run command by tapping the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Write ‘msconfig’ in the Run window and click OK.
- Move to the General tab and choose Selective startup.
- Then, select Load system services.
- Click on the Services tab and mark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Choose the Window Installer from the list of services and click OK.
- Move to the System Configuration window and click Restart.
- Install QuickBooks desktop application
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
- Next, accept the software license agreement.
- Fill up the product and license number and click Next.
- Turn back to Normal startup mode
- Tap Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the window, type ‘msconfig’ and click OK.
- Go to the General tab and choose Normal Setup.
- Click OK and then Restart on the System Configuration window.
If you still see QuickBooks giving error message 1606, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3. Log out of parallels and sign in again
Follow the steps given below if you are using QuickBooks desktop in Parallels in Windows 7:
- First, sign out of the parallel window.
- Log in again.
- Select the Devices option and then Shared Folders.
- Next, click Disconnect All.
- Log in back and try to install QuickBooks again.
If you are still facing QuickBooks installation error 1606, you should fix the incorrect registry subkey.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 1606. We hope you find the article informative and helpful in resolving the issue. If the problem persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our customer service number 1800-579-9430.