You are here
What’s QuickBooks Error 61 and How to Deal with it?
The Intuit QB error usually occurs when the company file is damaged or missing. The user may get very confusing QuickBooks error message code 61: verify: c (###) : CHECKPOINT: ####: Fri Jun xx 07:09:03 Error: Verify Account Balance failed. Account = Inventory Asset. Ref = ##. Home – Calc bal = ###,###.## . List bal = ###,###.##. QuickBooks desktop error 61 might damage any balance sheet account and arise due to Windows operating system issues. This blog will brief you about QuickBooks error code 61. So, continue reading the blog till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 61, then talk to certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430).
What triggers QuickBooks error message code 61?
Following are the causes behind Intuit QB error 61
1. QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
2. There may be some fault in the Microsoft .NET Framework.
3. QuickBooks install files has been deleted accidentally.
4. Corrupted or missing QBWin.log file.
Now, proceed to the solutions given below in order to get rid of QuickBooks error message code 61.
Most Preferred Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks desktop error 61
Following are the most effective solutions to rectify QuickBooks error code 61:
Solution 1. Rebuild the QuickBooks company file
Follow these steps to rebuild your company file data:
1. Open QuickBooks desktop application.
2. Navigate to the File menu.
3. Then, select Utilities and then Rebuild Data.
4. Click OK when a message prompts to back up the company file.
5. You may get a ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ message while rebuilding the file. If you can move the cursor, QuickBooks is still rebuilding your company data.
6. Wait till the process completes.
7. When the ‘Rebuild has completed’ message prompts, click OK.
If the QuickBooks error message code 61 still appears, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Configure file to check data integrity
To verify if the damage is fixed, follow the steps given below and verify the company file:
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Again, click on the File menu.
3. Search and select the Verify Data option.
4. If the ‘QuickBooks detected no problem’ message appears, the damage is fixed. Continue using the company file.
5. Click OK.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above help you resolve QuickBooks error 61. If the problem doesn’t fix, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).