You are here
What Causes QuickBooks Error H505 and How to Debug It?
The accounting software, QuickBooks provide several services to the businesses and it also has a Multi-User Mode feature. This feature enables multiple users to access their respective desktops on a specific company file. Even though it is user-friendly, sometimes it displays QuickBooks Error H505 due to some technical issue. Such an error restricts the multi-user connection from the prime source. Read further to know the reasons behind QuickBooks Error H505 and how to deal with it.
For more help rectifying the aforementioned issue dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with the team of QuickBooks experts now
Recommended to Read :
Why am I getting Error H505 in QuickBooks?
There can be different reasons for QuickBooks Multi-User Error H505. Some of them are-
- You have not installed the newest version or updates of QuickBooks.
- The formation of the QuickBooks Desktop Application might be inaccurate or wrong on the primary server, that is, the host of the company file.
- The networks among the linked desktops might be getting restricted by a Windows firewall or a third-party firewall.
- Another cause could be a corrupted Network Data File. It is the file that links all the servers in a network.
Ways to Debug QuickBooks Error H505
There are some fixation you can apply to deal with QuickBooks Error H505.
SOLUTION- 1: Install all the requisite updates
- Click on the 'help' tab on the QuickBooks desktop and tap on 'About QuickBooks'.
- Next, go to the Update QuickBooks window and select 'Update Now'.
- Also, tick the following checkboxes-
- Reset Updates
- Maintenance Releases
- After marking all the checkboxes, tap on the 'Get Update' option.
- The next step requires you to restart QuickBooks. Further, if a dialogue box appears asking you to install updates, select 'Install Now'.
- After you have installed all the updates, restart your system and access the company file.
SOLUTION- 2: Enabling 'Stop Hosting Multi-User Access' Option
- Access QuickBooks on a linked server showing the QuickBooks Error H505.
- Go to the 'File' menu and tap on utilities.
- Under utilities, you will find many options. Select 'Stop Hosting Multi-User Access'.
- NOTE: If the 'Stop Hosting Multi-User Access' option is not visible, follow the same steps on other QuickBooks Desktop Error H505.
If you still cannot fix QuickBooks Company File Error H505, then try the following alternative too.
SOLUTION-3: Recreating a Company File Folder
- To set up a new company file, go to the host desktop and access the company file folder.
- Next, make a new folder and copy-paste your company file into it.
- Select the 'Properties' option by right-clicking on the new folder.
- You will find a share tab under 'Properties'. Click on it and tap on 'Advanced Sharing'.
- Tick the checkbox, 'Share This Folder' and select 'Permissions'.
- After that, opt the 'Full Control' checkbox for 'Everyone' and tap on 'Apply' and 'OK' twice.
- Now, you are ready to access the company file from the respective desktop.
So, if you still get error H505 while opening the company file, try these solutions as mentioned above to get through the issue. QuickBooks Error H505 involves a lot of server connections among the same network. Thus, you might face such a problem due to several network issues. In case you cannot debug it even after trying again and again, then contact us at 1-855-856-0042.