What to do If You Receive QuickBooks Server Busy Error
A user comes across a QuickBooks server busy error when many applications are in use in the background. The error pops up along with a message, which says, “This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘Switch to’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem”. You might get a similar problem due to several other reasons. However, dealing with such an issue is not a complex task. All you need to do is perform a few simple troubleshooting steps to get rid of the server busy issue in QuickBooks. Go through this explanatory article till the end to understand the entire concept of the server busy error in QuickBooks.
If you are unable to rectify the QB server busy error, feel free to have a conversation with one of our certified technical experts through 1.800.579.0391
Why do you Encounter Server Busy Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are looking for the causes behind the server busy error, check out the following points-
- The Automatic Updates for QuickBooks is enabled.
- You have not updated your Windows desktop.
- The Windows firewall needs some configuration as it has not been set up properly.
Move onto the next section of this blog to learn the ways to debug the problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6094
How to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop Server Busy Error?
Are you tired of searching for solutions to fix the error? We have provided some of the best troubleshooting methods below. Check them out-
SOLUTION 1: Disable the Automatic Update Mode in QuickBooks
- Press the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ keys on your keyboard.
- Open ‘Task Manager’ and then click on the ‘Startup’ tab.
- Hit ‘QuickBooks Automatic Update’ to ‘Disable’ it.
- To turn off the shared updates in QuickBooks, open the application.
- Move to the ‘Help’ section and hit ‘QuickBooks Update’.
- Now, on the ‘Options’ menu, choose ‘No’ for the ‘Share Download’ option.
- At last, tap ‘Close’.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of Quick Fix my Program Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file to a convenient location.
- Start installing the application by running the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- Move forward with the prompted instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation, go to the Windows desktop and open the Tool Hub.
- Click on the ‘Programs Problems’ section and select the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool.
- The tool will scan for the problems and eliminate them.
- Once done, open your QuickBooks Desktop to access the company file.
The troubleshooting methods we have mentioned in this article should resolve the QuickBooks server busy error successfully and effectively, as both the solutions are tried and tested. Besides, you can also try to re-setup your Windows firewall and use the Clean Install tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. In case you still cannot fix the error, contact our QuickBooks support team at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723